+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Altima ripp off

Altima ripp off

I went to look at the new Altima Hybrid in Alhambra,CA and they had 3 different packages and next to the sticker pricing was a smaller dealer sticker price and all the Hybrids had a 8,000.00 dealer mark up. anyone else seen this kind of mark up? Andrew

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Rip off

Hi,
    Look 3 threads down--"I took the plunge."
    If you want one looks like you can get one.
    8K dealer markup eh. Well it IS their car but they would NEVER get my business.
    Carl

Yea [BLEEEP] that!!!

I went to Anthony Mendoza at Empire Nissan in Ontario. Nice simple deal. $1000 off of list. Boom. Done! Completely painless!

hybrid demand isn't that high right now. i would say you got ripped off if you paid sticker nevermind a mark up

Those little added sticker are called Profit improvers.

BS is another word for Greed.

I just bought my Altima Hybrid July 28th. Negotiated down to the dealer invoice (according to Edmunds) with the convenience package. I ended up buying the extended warranty because it is new technology for Nissan and expect to keep the car a long time. I'm tracking several metrics on the car at my blog below. If you would like to track something specific, I'd be happy to start.

http://blog.mygreenaltima.com

My wife and I bought our new Altima hybrid on 8/18/07 from Capistrano Nissan (California). We drove an extra 41 miles (local Nissan dealer 10 miles from our home could not match the Capistrano deal) to save $333.00. The vehicle had Conv.pkg., Floor mats, Aluminum kickplates. We were very satisfied with the sales team at Capistrano Nissan (they have contacted us twice since the purchase). We saved a total of $1977.00 off the dealer invoice which includes the factory $1000.00 rebate.
    I suspect there are even better savings available as the 2008 season gets closer. We did not purchase any of the extended service contracts as I felt the current warranties should be adequate as the Altima drivetrain and Toyota HEV package have all been quite reliable.
    We have yet to fill up the gas tank and my wife has been driving about 50 miles/day.
    I do enjoy driving this car and we like the styling over the competition. My only disappoint is that we could not buy a leather seating only package. Maybe this will change for 2008 models.

Quote Originally Posted by dierk View Post
    My wife and I bought our new Altima hybrid on 8/18/07 from Capistrano Nissan (California). We drove an extra 41 miles (local Nissan dealer 10 miles from our home could not match the Capistrano deal) to save $333.00. The vehicle had Conv.pkg., Floor mats, Aluminum kickplates. We were very satisfied with the sales team at Capistrano Nissan (they have contacted us twice since the purchase). We saved a total of $1977.00 off the dealer invoice which includes the factory $1000.00 rebate.
    I suspect there are even better savings available as the 2008 season gets closer. We did not purchase any of the extended service contracts as I felt the current warranties should be adequate as the Altima drivetrain and Toyota HEV package have all been quite reliable.
    We have yet to fill up the gas tank and my wife has been driving about 50 miles/day.
    I do enjoy driving this car and we like the styling over the competition. My only disappoint is that we could not buy a leather seating only package. Maybe this will change for 2008 models.
    Wow...I had a COMPLETELY different buying experience from this same dealer when I purchased my NAH the last day of June this year. They tried a little bait and switch on the financing first and they have never called me back about the car, not one single time! When I purchased mine there was no rebate in effect but my out-the-door price was about $1200 under list as I refused to pay extra for the non-sense add-ons they had put on the car already. I also was taken aback by the huge price jump just to get leather seating and the bluetooth accessory so I only have the convenience package as well. I like the car but my gas mileage to date has not exceeded 30MPG on any tank, much worse than I had expected. My best mileage has actually been on longer drives to San Diego and back rather than around town which is contrary to the mileage ratings. Also I chose not to spend money on the extended warranty due to the extra warranties already provided especially for the hybrid. My past experience with Nissan cars has been great with no problems to speak of so hopefully this one will also do well. I am concerned about how the engine seems to scream when you accelerate hard or climb local hills though, it just sounds like the engine is straining due to the CVT hookup. So far my most consistent gas mileage is only 27-28MPG driving mostly alone in the car. Have you had your first oil change yet? Any other input will be greatly appreciated! Enjoy!

I got mine from Poway Mossy Nissan in San Diego. I realized that the whole San Diego is monopolized by Mossy Nissan. But they do offer good price. I got mine around 7/27, with no added option $22900 + tax. Which is quite some discount, I am satisfied overall, except the sales guy was kind pushy but we bought it anyway. I am getting about 36 MPG last fill up, but this fill up I am getting only 33, I am wondering why. Also I need some feed back on oil change as well?

I just purchased NAH this evening from Vacaville Nissan(Northen California) for $22,400+fees. Invoice was $25,996 and MSRP $27,875.
    It come with convenience package(F01), moon roof(J01), splash guards(B10) and 4-Piece carpeted floor mats(L92).

I deal direct with internet/fleet manager DJ.