+ Reply to Thread

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

What a misleading, bold

What a misleading, bold faced lie.
    Water alone will not run a car. From the newsclip, they imply that Hydrogen (H2) is extracted from the water in order to power the car. This implies that they add energy to the car (probably electricity) to do this extractions since the hydrogen bond is very strong. This means that something from the outside is added - electrical energy. This car does not run on water alone, it runs on water and a lot of electricity. They should say this instead of hiding the fact.
    Most likely, the H2 is extracted from the H2O via a fuel cell based electrolyzer and then the H2 is converted to electricity via a fuel cell (while combining with atmospheric O2). While what I describe is feasible, this is just a typical Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle (FCEV) with the usual problems:
    - the electrolyzer and fuel cells are very expensive
    - it takes a lot of electricity to go very far
    - it takes a long time for a reasonable sized electrolyzer to extract the H2 from the H2O

I don't know what you mean

I don't know what you mean by 'imply' because the report stated that there is an energy generator in the car that takes the Hydrogen from the water, converts the H2O, and releases electrons created from this process to power the car. Anyone knows that you have to have other components to complete this function, and that no car will run off of water alone. I'm not sure what you meant by saying that the car uses 'a lot of energy', because until the specifications are released on the energy generator used in the car, you don't know how much electricity the car needs and technology is changing constantly. Older technologies are getting smaller and faster by the minute. Leonardo DaVinci, Thomas Edison, and Albert Einstein all had to deal with people who always doubted what is physically possible. I'm sure glad that they did not listen to them.

Eco-D, You may know that

Eco-D,
    You may know that external energy (presumably electricity) is required to run this car, however, the video does not state this at all and I know of many relatively intelligent people who missed this fact when the Fool Sell scam was used to kill the California ZEV mandate.
    Additionally, smaller does not necessarily mean less energy. It takes a certain amount of energy to split H2O into H2 and O2 and a certain amount of heat is released. Likewise, there is an amount of heat that is released when the H2 and O2 again recombine in the fuel cell. Unless this system finds a way to recover this heat, much of the electricity used to electrolyze the H2O (approximately 75%) is wasted in heat through both parts of this process.
    Using an ordinary Li-ion battery to store the electricity on board is much more efficient and economical. The Li-ion battery only wastes about 20% of the electricity to accomplish the same thing.
    You're welcome to espouse this technology. Just don't tell me I didn't warn you it was a scam.

More :) water for thought.

More water for thought. See link:

http://hytechapps.com/company/press

“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”

– Chinese Proverb

Just in case anyone sees

Just in case anyone sees this and thinks about spending money on it - don't.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Water-fuelled_car

All right, I thought I would

All right, I thought I would enter the fray here. We build, install water hybrid systems and teach people how to do the same. In spite of the naysayers and the critics, people ARE actually saving money IF they use a good system. And believe me, there are a lot of crappy ones out there.

I know, I tested almost every design posted and proposed. Heck, anyone can make hydrogen bubbles on a desk top or kitchen table, but that doesn't make a viable system that saves gas. You have to have a Hydrogen generator that outputs at least 1-1.5 LPM (Liters Per Minute) to see any appreciable gains. It has to be robust enough to handle at least 15-25 amps from the alternator. Newer cars need a mini computer to teach the ECU how to handle the alternative fuel being injected.

You meet these parameters, you WILL save gas. Please don't waste your time quoting all the math - I can show you just as much math backing up the technology (due to increases in efficiency NOT free energy)

My first system got me an immediate 21% increase. Additional bolt ons bumped it up to a consistent 40% on a 5.7 liter 3/4 ton Chevy Van. It DOES work.

We have a client who owns a large meat delivery business - his fuel bill is $6000 a month. He has told us that if he can just save 5% it's worth the money to have them built and installed- he is going to be very happy with his results!

We also have a new project car which is a 2008 Mazda M3 and the owner wants the works. We will be putting a dual gen system and should be able to get her at least double the mileage.

So are there scam systems out there? Sure. But don't throw the baby out with the bath water. You can either gripe and moan about it or actually try something- if you try mine- you will see a mileage increase.

Bob
    Increase Gas Mileage-Hybrid Water Car

They must also say about the

They must also say about the ingredient added in the water.Its a simple truth that water doesn't have hydrocarbons to produce energy.News articles must be more responsible.

The theory is against the

The theory is against the common sense. You need to separate the compound to use either oxygen or hydrogen. For that you need electricity. Moreover, after separation, if you use oxygen to burn, you need some other object as oxygen does not burn alone and if you use hydrogen to burn, you need costly mechanism. It is easier said than done. How hard it is to believe.

The theory is against the

The theory is against the common sense. You need to separate the compound to use either oxygen or hydrogen. For that you need electricity. Moreover, after separation, if you use oxygen to burn, you need some other object as oxygen does not burn alone and if you use hydrogen to burn, you need costly mechanism. It is easier said than done. How hard it is to believe.