+ Reply to Thread

CA Stickers.... Any Left?

Hi,

I had a 2003 Civic Hybrid when they launched and put over 130k miles on it in one year. Then i stopped commuting and got a non hybrid for the last year and a half. Well, I'm commuting again and looking to get a Prius this weekend.

If I buy one on Saturday, what are the chances of me still being able to get the stickers? I haven't been able to locate a phone number other than the normal DMV (proven to be mostly useless in the past).

Thanks for any help.

LA Times

This is Ron Lin, a reporter with the LA Times. I wanted to see if I could interview folks ASAP for a story about California running out of the carpool lane stickers for hybrids . Please e-mail me at ron.lin @ latimes.com . I'm looking to talk to people who wanted the stickers and just got the stickers, are still waiting to see if they've been accepted, just bought a car but haven't applied yet, or even folks who were just considering on buying one. Thanks.

What did you find out??

dealers are telling customers that the gov will allow for 10K more stickers even AFTER the last 10 K extension, which has run out. are you hearing this? is it true? i've heard that for the first time Prius's are in big surplus and prices are dropping and dealers are resorting to gasp unscrupulous promises to get rid of them....

More HOV Sticker on there way???

Does anyone know at this time if there is any talk in the legislature or what kind of pressure is being place upon Schwarzenegger to increase the allotment of stickers? Also for those who have the stickers, do the stickers allow for free bridge tolls during carpool hours??? thanks.

Shame on Car-Pool Lane Hybrids and their Corporate Lobby

A four passenger Chevrolet Suburban has better fuel efficiency than the typical singe driver hybrid in the car-pool lane. In addition to being better for the environment and more fuel efficient the Suburban reduces traffic by replacing 4 communtes to 1. Why are hybrids in the car-pool lane? Why does Toyota produce the Land Cruiser that burns more gas than an H3 but no one protests a Toyota dealership? Politics of the rich who wish to have instant green cred at no sacrifice other than the cost of a hybrid.

Hybrids get fuel efficiency at city speeds - not highway. Hybrids burn gas on the highway. The new clean Diesel owners should be in these lanes - not hybrid gas guzzlers.

The question is this - who really is the hybrid owner?

Quote Originally Posted by TCosmos View Post
    A four passenger Chevrolet Suburban has better fuel efficiency than the typical singe driver hybrid in the car-pool lane. In addition to being better for the environment and more fuel efficient the Suburban reduces traffic by replacing 4 communtes to 1. Why are hybrids in the car-pool lane? Why does Toyota produce the Land Cruiser that burns more gas than an H3 but no one protests a Toyota dealership? Politics of the rich who wish to have instant green cred at no sacrifice other than the cost of a hybrid.

Hybrids get fuel efficiency at city speeds - not highway. Hybrids burn gas on the highway. The new clean Diesel owners should be in these lanes - not hybrid gas guzzlers.

The question is this - who really is the hybrid owner?
    Are you kidding...
    My Hybrid gets 57++ MPG on the freeway at 64 MPH..

Some tips on car buying...

Here are some tips on how you can buy a have a quality used car, so as you would not be replacing unnecessary parts along the way...Hope, this might help...
    Tips & Warning
    • As a final precaution, take the car to a mechanic, who should charge a reasonable fee to check over a used car. The seller should agree to this, but may require that you leave a deposit. If the seller won't let you take the car, offer to meet him or her at a mutually convenient garage.
    • If you give the seller a deposit in order to take the car to have it checked, make sure to write out an agreement stating that the deposit will be returned immediately if you decide not to buy the car.
    If the vehicle's mileage appears unusually low, have a mechanic determine whether someone has tampered with the odometer. If so, the seller must refund any money you have paid and may be liable for punitive damages under federal and state odometer laws…
    This is how I acquire my car; I inspected all its auto parts from exterior and interior aspect down to its honda civic body kit and other accessories. By doing so, you could be sure of the quality of vehicle you are getting...

Slim to none are your

Slim to none are your chances of getting a sticker... it's a cool program but ill-fated.