I am looking into purchasing a used 2004 HCH, automatic transmission, with 34,500 miles. This would be from a Honda dealer that says the vehicle is not Honda-certified, but they can get it certified for me. It comes with a 1-year/12,000-mile warranty, and battery is warrantied up to 100,000 miles or 8 years from when it was new. I am considering buying it for $17,500 (includes tax/reg.)- does this sound like a good deal? I cannot afford a new hybrid. I test drove it and it seemed fine but I don't really know what to look for. My reasons for wanting to switch to hybrid are environmental and gas $. I'm a little nervous b/c I am a single female and don't want to end up w/ a car I'm constantly having problems w/. No one I know really knows about hybrids so I need some help! The more basic the advice, the better, as I really don't know a lot about cars.

PS Oh also I was researching some things on this site and was under the impression that these cars need a different type of oil than most other cars, but the Honda guy I've been dealing w/ told me that when they service it they use 5W30 just like in most other cars - any thoughts on that?