+ Reply to Thread

Battary drained very quickly hchII

The other day within 45 secs. battery went from full to 1 bar. Car had no power because I was not
    getting any boost. I was just driving with vigor in a parking lot. The car was doing a forced recharge, while it was idieling. My concern was the strainge sound it was making, like it was not firing on all cylinders. When I got to normal 55 mph it recharge quickly and all seemed good. Today 90 degrees f with the a/c on it seems to drain faster then normal, for me anyway.

Should I be concerned? or is it normal with high temps and a/c use.
    by the way I have 14500 miles in 8 month, so for me this is it first Hot weather

Thanks for your time
    Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

No reason for concern

No reason for concern provided that this does not happen every day. The recalibration phenomenon is normal and by design, but if you wish to see less of it then it helps to stay off the battery pack as much as possible - particularly when accelerating from a stop.

Cheers;

MSantos

Thanks, I thought that the

Thanks, I thought that the recalibration was the instant mpg gauge doing that dance that it does sometimes. You know, when your at max mpg's and then it says you are getting 1 dot, and then readjusts back up to 100

brian

Yes, the "samba" dance is

Yes, the "samba" dance is usually attributed to the instrument calibration routine while the re-leveling of the SoC (from 1 bar to max) is the result of a battery recalibration.

Cheers;

MSantos