+ Reply to Thread

2007 HCH Performing Frequent Re-calibration on the Battery

I bought my HCH used January of this year with 81k on it. I have been getting average 44 MPGs until recently. I noticed last month that my HCH was performing a Recal every other day. I took it in to have the battery checked and they told me battery tested fine. If it was to fail they would only be able to replace it if the IMA Light was on when I drove it in. They were able to add five software updates to the computer on-board. The updates were suppose to fix how the battery drops with A/C running. I have not really noticed much change with the software update. I now get a Recal about three times per day. I replaced eight of the original spark-plugs with new Iridium plugs and noticed a much smoother acceleration but MPGs are still in the low 36-38 range. I drive mostly highway that amounts to a little over 400 miles per week.

Is there any suggestions on how to maybe get the IMA Light on or get the battery pack replaced?

I have the California Version HCH that shows battery warranty till 150k

Thanks,
    Todd

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

My original purchase 2007

My original purchase 2007 HCH (just passed 100,000 mark) had begun experiencing low bars and power this summer (Dallas, TX area) and was about to call in when I received the IMA software update notice. Had it done, and I've gone a week since then with my usual average of 145 miles of mixed hwy and stopNgo traffic. Haven't noticed any improvement. A bit concerning as I wanted this for 300,000 miles, as well as the safety issue of not having power when I need to pull out into traffic. Not sure what to think. I'll start with researching this forum.