+ Reply to Thread

How much did you pay for your hybrid?

Hi everyone, I am new to this website... I guess this is a very direct question because I've been looking @ hybrid cars since the first gen of prius came out, and I think now it finally comes to a time that I should buy one. I've been looking @ the prius, camry and civic hybrid and trying to get price quote from dealers. So far there's really no good news, only one dealer sent me the quote through e-mail(and it's the exact MSRP), others keep saying that due to the shortage I have to go to the dealer and make a deposite first to reserve, and when the car arrive, then I can talk to them about pricing. So just wandering how much (after tax and all non-sense fee) did you all pay for your hybrid?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Go to kbb.com to check the

Go to kbb.com to check the prices, then negotiate with dealers based on what you find. Always try to go for the "invoice" price or below, as dealers usually get a rebate check from the manufacturer after the sale is made. Don't pay the MSRP. Since Prius is so popular though, you do need to wait in line (especially if you want the all-new restyled 2009 model, which may not even be out for a few months). Having to pay a deposit is totally normal. Hope this helps.