+ Reply to Thread

Altima Hybrid only sold in 8 states???? Unfair!!!

Those of us who would like to purchase this car and receive the FULL TAX credit, are screwed because it was not offered in every state, and only the first 60K sold get the full credit, so I think this is totally unfair to those who do not live in the "8 states" where this car was sold !!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

you should be able to get

you should be able to get the full federal tax credit even if it isn't sold in your state...that is if you seek out to buy one. if you really wanted one, you can see if your dealer can trade for one. what state do you live in?

not that you're wrong (I

not that you're wrong (I live in one of the other 42 also) but what caused you to be upset now?...the car has been out for a while now. What changed?

to be fair to Deelo - many

to be fair to Deelo - many dealers just don't deal with it. The farther, geographically, from any of "the 8" the more cost and effort there is in trading vehicles.

Example: I'm in Illinois, and my dealer WILL service the car, but they will NOT get me one. So, I'm going to burn some United miles to fly to a dealer who has one, and then drive the car home. Would rather trade-in my current one and get the sales tax benefitm but there we are.

I was lucky enough to live

I was lucky enough to live in PA and 45 minutes from a dealer in New York. so I got one with the tech package and love every minute of it. By far, the best and most fun car I have ever owned. I think Nissan should also expand production.

If you do buy out of state and take it to your local Nissan dealer for service, be sure he has a hybrid certified mechanic on duty. Most of the car is the same, but there are enough differences that they have to know how to handle it. Otherwise, consider taking it to a Toyota dealer.

My Nissan dealer told me

My Nissan dealer told me some very important information about the Altima Hybrid. I currently own a 2006 Altima 2.5S. I have been looking into the Altima Hybrid, but live in Florida, where it is not sold. I spoke with the salesman who sold me my current Altima. He was honest with me and told me they can obtain a Hybrid. HOWEVER, in the event it breaks or needs major repairs, THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO SERVICE IT IN MY STATE OR ANY STATE WHERE IT IS NOT SOLD. Service for these Hybrids is available ONLY in the states where it is sold. So, if you live in a states that does not sell it, be aware!

Alexis - sit down. I have

Alexis - sit down. I have to tell you something very important.

Salesmen sometimes...wait - are you sitting down? Okay.

Salesmen sometimes LIE.

It happens. Now - he may have been truthful about the fact that HIS particular dealer may not be able to service yours, but he was incorrect about the "any state where it is not sold." Simply not true.

Granted, outside the 8 states there WILL ABSOLUTELY be challenges in finding a dealer where the service reps have the training and equipment needed to service the hybrids, so your suggestion of caution is a good one. I live in Illinois, and one dealer by me CAN service them, and another can't.

Funny story: In the "can't" dealer, the sales MANAGER started to yell at me when I informed him that the service guys at the "can" dealer are prepared to service it. (in his words, either I'm lying, or they are). Turns out, he was just an idiot.

So - again - probably true that your local Florida salesman (was his name "Chad?") works in a dealer where hybrid service is not available, but I can tell you with a high degree of confidence that he does not speak for hundreds of dealers across the US. Maybe you want to call him and let him know the facts? Never leads to a good outcome when a Chad is left hanging in Florida.