+ Reply to Thread

Gota luv HCH2-Personal best

I thought that the HCH was going to be a boring ride.
    I was completely wrong!!!
    There is never a dull moment in this car with the instant miles meter ect. I have
    never had so much fun going the speed limit or less.

Do not get me wrong I still like the TDI, and when my wife will let me drive
    it again I can not wait to apply what I have learned from HCHII and this forum to that
    car.

Last fill up on the HCHII 11.00 gallons, and 568 miles = 51.63. The computer is always
    2+ lower then with paper and pencil . By the way 13,000 miles and just change to
    Mobile 1 0-20 I hope I get even better MPGs.

Brian

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Brian; Your comments are

Hi Brian;

Your comments are certainly echoed by many of us and I can only say that if you remain diligent and with an open mind even greater rewards will await. In other words, 51 MPG tanks is just the beginning...

Cheers;

MSantos

"In other words, 51 MPG

"In other words, 51 MPG tanks is just the beginning... "

What does that mean?

He means just that, some

He means just that, some people get better & better mileage as they learn to drive the car. My average is 55.6mpg but I know people that are getting better than that. Of course there are those that get worse. When I got this car the previous owner had left one of the trip odometers set and had 9000 miles on it at 41mpg. So your mileage and others may vary.

What kind of driving do you

What kind of driving do you do (highway vs. city) and at what speeds. My wife has a Prius and we love it, but I am considering the CIVIC. My driving is about an even mix of the two. I am trying to discover whether the CIVIC will do as well as the Prius.

Thanks.

If you are at least 50-50

If you are at least 50-50 highway, the HCH can beat the Prius. It's only on heavy stop and go where the Prius can kick HCH's ass.

Both are outstanding vehicles, best two cars on the road at any price.

Most of my driving is rural

Most of my driving is rural back country state highways going from 800ft to 1450ft up & down hills with only a couple stop signs along the way and I slid into work with only one stop light. Round trip is 46 miles and I average 45 mph. Now when I recently drove 2200 miles on vacation I averaged 60+mpg on the open interstate at 55 mph. I am still learning and now that summer is here I expect 60mpg tanks on my commute.

YMMV

http://www.nationalpost.com/n

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/story.html?id=572297

Don't want to embarrass him but Manuel is the man. It is so nice to listen to someone who knows what in the hell they are talking about.

uktiger, I have to agree and

uktiger,

I have to agree and that article is a great piece. I can't wait to meet him at HF2008!