+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I just received a green EZ

I just received a green EZ Pass for my Prius after hearing about it from a neighbor. It's good on all Port Authority Hudson River crossings including, I think, Holland, Lincoln and GW Bridge. Discount only applies off-rush hours. I suggest you call for specific instructions as they're a bit beaurocratic and you'll want to get them exactly what they need to avoid having to keep chasing them.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I'm still trying to get a

I'm still trying to get a green EZ Pass for my Prius, so thanks for all the info everyone. When I signed up from the EZ Pass NY website a couple weeks ago there was no option for the green pass, so I had to get the white MTA pass. Through some research on other sites and from talking with the NY Service Center, I found out that there are actually THREE (3) separate green pass programs (thus discovered so far anyway)! NJ has their own green pass and NY has the State Thruway Green Pass (http://www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/greentag.html) and a separate Port Authority Green Pass (http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnels/e-zpass.html). They have separate plan codes, GREEN and PAGRN. When I called, they said I had to choose one or the other. I sent the requesting letter and a copy of registration and they replied saying:

"We are unable to process your request to add the “Green Pass” discount plan to your E-ZPass account... Your E-ZPass account is with a toll authority that does not currently offer the “Green Pass” discount plan. To obtain this plan, you must either:
    • Open a second E-ZPass account with the New York State Thruway or the Port Authority of NY and NJ (or)
    • Close your current account and re-open an E-ZPass account with either of the two mentioned authorities.
    Note. To open an E-ZPass account with either authority, please complete the E-ZPass application that you will receive by regular mail... In addition, please resubmit your request for the Green Pass along with copy of your vehicle registration."

The MTA Tag was the only option when I joined!!! Why don't they just put the MF Green tag option on the EZ Pass website?!?! F&@&#$!! Anyway, I just got the paper application in the mail today, so I'm attempting to get a Port Authority Green Pass and cancel my MTA pass. One of the boards said it was possible to request a "linked account" so you can use your green pass for the Thruway discount too, so we'll see. Wish me luck. I hope this helps anyone trying the same thing.

I'm still trying to get a

I'm still trying to get a green EZ Pass for my Prius, so thanks for all the info everyone. When I signed up from the EZ Pass NY website a couple weeks ago there was no option for the green pass, so I had to get the white MTA pass. Through some research on other sites and from talking with the NY Service Center, I found out that there are actually THREE (3) separate green pass programs (thus discovered so far anyway)! NJ has their own green pass and NY has the State Thruway Green Pass (http://www.thruway.ny.gov/ezpass/greentag.html) and a separate Port Authority Green Pass (http://www.panynj.gov/bridges-tunnels/e-zpass.html). They have separate plan codes, GREEN and PAGRN. When I called, they said I had to choose one or the other. I sent the requesting letter and a copy of registration and they replied saying:

"We are unable to process your request to add the “Green Pass” discount plan to your E-ZPass account... Your E-ZPass account is with a toll authority that does not currently offer the “Green Pass” discount plan. To obtain this plan, you must either:
    • Open a second E-ZPass account with the New York State Thruway or the Port Authority of NY and NJ (or)
    • Close your current account and re-open an E-ZPass account with either of the two mentioned authorities.
    Note. To open an E-ZPass account with either authority, please complete the E-ZPass application that you will receive by regular mail... In addition, please resubmit your request for the Green Pass along with copy of your vehicle registration."

The MTA Tag was the only option when I joined!!! Why don't they just put the MF Green tag option on the EZ Pass website?!?! F&@&#$!! Anyway, I just got the paper application in the mail today, so I'm attempting to get a Port Authority Green Pass and cancel my MTA pass. One of the boards said it was possible to request a "linked account" so you can use your green pass for the Thruway discount too, so we'll see. Wish me luck. I hope this helps anyone trying the same thing.

and no one has added that to

and no one has added that to get it, you have to cancel MTA ezpass and get Port AUthority one, which costs a dollar a month.