+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Pauli Both Gary and I have

Pauli

Both Gary and I have identical orders placed and I think they logged them in on almost the same day.

It was the first day the ford system would accept orders into the 2009 order book..... I think it was roughly Friday April 18th when the Ordering System went online - and if I recall right, it was that friday in the morning that My dealer called me.... I had been in the Ford system since beginning of January with a "vapor" 2008 on order - even though I knew it would never get built. I have had many chats with the buyer over these weeks and months - and finally he gave me the "word" this week that I was Scheduled.... They build in less than a day and start to ship generally within 2- 3 days after... I have bought several vehicles from these guys over the years and they shoot straight -as long as the data they get from ford is straight .... Yes its an Xplan sale. The vehicle will come in, and I suppose (if a dealer greedy exec decides to) they could change their mind on selling it at xplan at the last moment - But it would be bad juju's and publicity for them to do so... Reputation is everything. I have been quoted at xplan - But remember if you read your xplan documentation it is the dealers choice to participate or not, in that pricing structure - Many will not. In general its a new world for auto dealers now - and a unit is a unit... and moving units is what it is all about - not quibbling over 500 here or 1000 there. too many of them do not realize this. I actually originally wanted a MMH instead of the FEH, but I could never get a Merc dealer to play ball, too bad for them 1 less unit.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I placed mine on May 30th.

I placed mine on May 30th. I hear it will be built the week of June 30th. I ordered a 2009 MMH FWD with premium package and moonroof. The MSRP is $33,835, invoice is 31,694.84, X-Plan is 31,643.06. The dealer agreed on X-Plan and now it is a waiting game.

Thanks everybody. Please

Thanks everybody. Please keep me posted on any updated info about your orders. I hope they are all confirmed. I am still having a hard time finding a L-M dealer that can order me an MMH, but x-plan doesn't seem to be a sticking point. Could allocations be a problem ? I went to a fairly large Ford/L-M dealer in the greater Cleveland area yesterday who told me they wouldn't have ordering info on the MMH until next week (heard that one before) and that it wasn't a matter of allocations. When I mention that other people have posted their orders they seem rather evasive. I'm not sure where to go next. As a personal preference, I really do like the looks of the Mariner better, but I'm beginning to think I may need to go with the Escape. As always, any thoughts would be appreciated.

DD The main reason I never

DD

The main reason I never buy a Mercury is resale value. The Ford line seems to be most popular when people are looking to buy a new or used vehicle. I had a friend that worked for a Ford/Lincoln/Mercury dealership that confirmed the Ford line had a better trade-in value.

Yes, allocation is the big hang-up, so X Plan is possible but not likely for the few units the dealerships get. I ordered my '09 FEH at sticker and I was placed 4th (priority 14) as a priority. A friend ask for X Plan from the same dealership and they never returned his call. It all depends on the size and State the dealership is in. I'm sure here in So. Florida most people will pay $2,000 to $5,000 over sticker just to get an allotted FEH from large dealers. In California, I'm sure many dealers will take X Plan with no problem also. There is only so many '09 FEH/MMH that will be built (25,000 at best) and the dealers are limited in what they can get. I've heard the dealers could only get units with a retail buyer's order now and in-stock orders are on hold. My order was not really confirmed until 4/29/08 as a priority 14 until the dealership had 3 orders over sticker. This means priority 10 will get the first unit allotted, priority 11 will get the second, priority 12 will get the next allotted unit, priority 13 will get the next unit and I will get the 4th allotted unit. It doesn't mean they will be built and shipped in that order because it depends on options, available parts and placement on the assembly line. For instance, a moon roof may be on every third unit built because of the time it takes to be installed. I hear running boards are a pain to install and take extra time also. My FWD Limited has a moon roof but no running boards and I'm hoping it will fit in the assembly line a little faster than a unit with both options.

If you want a '09 FEH/MMH, I suggest you order one ASAP.

Well, I finally got to place

Well, I finally got to place my order for the MMH on 6/23, so now the waiting game starts. It's a black FWD with premium package, moonroof, and optional 12 spoke wheels. The dealer is going to install the running boards, and we'll see about the engine block heater. I'm not looking at the sheet right now, but the dealer accepted x-plan, and price is about 31,700 before tax and title. Other than the running boards, it seems that everything that is available on the FEH is available on the MMH, just set up different. No limited model, just the premium package instead. Not sure if there's an optional wheel on the FEH. I'll post again when I get confirmation or build info. Hope everyone gets theirs real soon, before they raise the gas to $5 a gallon !

Good for you DD, the MMH

Good for you DD, the MMH should get to you much quicker than the FEH. There are far fewer MMH built, so your unit should hit the line faster because not as many will be built. Great price at X-Plan also.

The Limited FEH comes with a six spoke bright machined aluminum wheel and the standard FEH retains the standard 5 spoke FEH rim used since '05. I needed a change myself, but I do have a full size FEH rim as a spare that would have saved me from buying a new one for the '09. The Ford Dealer parts dept. is already working on trying to order the new rim and LRR Michelin tires for my full size'09 spare. I called and gave my new '09 VIN # to them today, but it's not coming up on his system yet. He expects he will be able to know something by July 7.

As far as gas prices, it is my opinion they will start to drop the closer to the election. Big Oil did this just before the last Presidential election to keep Bush in office. I'll be filling the boat (63 gals) and the spare gas cans soon. Lets keep our fingers crossed that the Hybrid tax credit is increased for '09 models. Hillary wanted to raise it to $10,000 when she was in the race. What would that do for the value of your new MMH and my FEH. I think you made a good choice by getting your order in now.

My dealer in Southeast Texas

My dealer in Southeast Texas told me the window opened up to order the 2009's the first part of June and their supposed to start building in July. My order was placed about a week ago. Have not gotten a delivery date yet.

Future owner of a 2009 MMH
    Present owner of a 2003 Tahoe

Welcome to the waiting pool!

Welcome to the waiting pool! grin. I'm in Austin and ordered at the begining of last month. I have a confirmation number of my order, but nothing else. What I'm seeing elsewhere so far is that it's taking about 7 to 8 weeks before you can get real info and or a VIN. Wish I knew more than I do at this point, but that seems to be the way it's going.

Hi Lisa The MMH should have

Hi Lisa

The MMH should have a faster turnaround than the FEH because fewer people order them. The people who ordered the FEH have a Guy name Viper-Pilot on the Blue Oval forum that will let you know the status of your Vehicle after you get a VIN number. I noticed one person's '09 FEH has been built and shipped already.

Greetings all, I just joined

Greetings all,

I just joined the crowd waiting for delivery of a 2009 MMH. It took a little leg work to find a dealer willing to place the order at X plan pricing, but the order was placed with the dealer on July 3. The dealer said the wait is going to be approximately 6 months. When I was calling dealerships to see if they would honor X plan, some told me the same 6 month wait, but others said as little as 6 to 8 weeks. Anyone have an explanation/theory on why I was told such different wait times? Is it just that the dealers stating 6 to 8 weeks wanted to get my order and then hit me with a 'sad story' of delays later?
    Anyway, the only thing I have in hand at this point is the dealership's vehicle purchase agreement. Is there any way to confirm order has been placed with Ford or to check on the status of the order?

Any feedback from others that have already been down this road will be much appreciated!!