+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hi Dave The dealers telling

Hi Dave

The dealers telling you 6 months means they have no idea if they will ever get an order for a '09 MMH for you at X Plan. Why should they give you one of their few allotted units at a price they could get far above? On the other hand, there are dealerships who will sell the few allotted units at X Plan just to get an order now as a retail buyer in hand. A stock unit for the lot is limited now in many areas of the Country, so some dealers can only order with a retail buyer order X plan or not. My dealer was up front, none of his allotted units was going to be sold as X Plan. Many other people did get X Plan and their unit is being built and shipped as we speak.

I would go with the 6-8 week dealers and monitor the building progress closely. In other words, 6 months may never happen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

OK folks, mine has

OK folks, mine has officially been shipped!

Ordered on May 24, produced on July 10, shipped July 14. Dealer says I should have it by next week. We live close to to KY. That'll be 2 months start to finish if it comes in by July 24, so not too shabby!

Hey, Just trying to

Hey,

Just trying to establish the time-line here, how long did it take to get a VIN number after you placed the order with the dealer?

I placed my order with the dealer on July 3. They have given me a copy of the DORA confirmation, but this only has a partial VIN at this point.

It's great to hear the '09s are hitting the streets! Can't wait for mine to get here!!

The VIN # was created

The VIN # was created 5/30/08, but I didn't ask my dealer about it until June 23. So it was created the week of my order on 5/24.