+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Battery life

I have an 04 loanblend

I have an 04 loanblend civic. bought it with 135,000 miles with the ima illumination on. The loanblend series are virtually non-exsistant. No deal to me, it still gets over 40 mpg. Only unlikeness is on acceleration. I checked into the rebuilt batteries but for my cocaine not enough warranty.
    eid greetings

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I am looking at a 2005 Honda

I am looking at a 2005 Honda civic hybrid, with 80,000. Miles I was just wondering if this was a good idea. They are asking $4000. For this car I thought sounded really cheep till I've read all these comments, now I'm confused on what to do I've never owned a hybrid, so not sure what to expect. I have 5 kids and need something dependable and cheaper to drive. Openions PLEASE!!! I'm suppose to go back and look at this car tomorrow and let her know my answer.

I have 03 civic hybrid and

I have 03 civic hybrid and the check engine and the Ima came on too. The dealership told me I need to replace the battery any suggestion car has 94k on it

Could you respond further

Could you respond further about your suggestion for how to get the 2003 Honda Civic hybrid battery replaced for less than half of $3000? pmdecm@gmail.com. Thanks!

Understand one thing, 90% of

Understand one thing, 90% of battery issues can be repaired. Depending on which cells are actually damaged, you may be able to have your local mechanic REPAIR that battery for a MUCH cheaper cost......Considering you are able to find a local mechanic that can fix these vehicles, you are in good shape to purchase an AFV out of warranty.

Ok, I am a relatively new

Ok, I am a relatively new convert to modern technology, and fully embrace the Hybrid vehicles.

I don't have a Honda, just two, yes two Prii.

BOTH were supposedly not working!

Being elect and Mech minded, I figured for the price, it was worth a shot.

First one... changed Spark plugs and Air filter... although supposedly changed at last service!!..... has run like a dream... PERFECT, no problems since... we go Almost everywhere in it without hesitation.

Second one. Supposedly HV battery gone. Took it apart, bought 6 batteries from a guy who refurbs them, slapped it together, and BINGO!, runs perfectly now I did the service, which is not exactly complex.

My take on all this is lack of servicing capabilities of garages as a whole.

They seem to just want to do the last century technology, because that's all they know, and want to believe in. Look out, garages with heads in the sand.... it IS coming, like it or not, so get used to the technology... QUICKLY.

Sometimes in ones lifetime, things change!

BTW, before I hear the usual taunts. Last car was a 800Hp, Nissan GT-R, SUB 10s 1/4.

We have had TWO, yes TWO decent short vacations on the tax we have saved on petrol since we bought the two Prii, and continue to save.... AND, they ain't no slouch if you accept them for what they are. Don't expect to not use as much fuel, but race around like the T.T. Straight 6. Wake up, it is a different technology.

Rant over with, I just wish people would smell a little coffee.

This isn't true. I've had

This isn't true. I've had my Honda Hybrid for only 6 years and 106,000 miles and I'm having to replace the battery it now for $3800. My prius is a year younger, with 104,000 mileage and I'm not having the battery issue with the Prius. I won't buy another Honda!

Took it apart, bought 6

Took it apart, bought 6 batteries from a guy who refurbs them, slapped it together, and BINGO!, runs perfectly now I did the service, which is not exactly complex.e urdu point

This is a nice blog. I like

This is a nice blog. I like it very much.e Urdu point

I'm not having the battery

I'm not having the battery issue with the Prius. I won't buy another Honda!e urdu point