+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery life

I have a 2011 Lexus HS. Can

I have a 2011 Lexus HS. Can I assume that the car will have a decent trade in value in 5 years / 60,000 miles? (that the battery pack will not be an issue in determining the car value)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I am considering the

I am considering the purchase of 2007 Honda Accord Hybrid with 112,000 miles. Do I need to be concerned with the batteries??

I have an 04 hybrid civic.

I have an 04 hybrid civic. bought it with 135,000 miles with the ima light on. The hybrid batteries are virtually non-exsistant. No matter to me, it still gets over 40 mpg. Only difference is on acceleration. I checked into the rebuilt batteries but for my money not enough warranty.

Bought a hybrid 02,the

Bought a hybrid 02,the batterie went out, n I was wondering if I should keep it.

Old Civic Hybrids: I have a

Old Civic Hybrids:

I have a 2005 HCH with 210,000 miles. The IMA and battery were replaced
    twice, at 100,000 miles and 150,000 miles. Honda paid for both.
    So far so good, but I am guessing that someday the IMA batteries and hybrid
    electric system will fail. Maybe in a few years. Then what? I understand
    that my car will still run, on the gasoline / internal combusion engine.
    I will not have much acceleration. Any advice? I guess I have a few years
    left before I have to worry about this?

i have an 03 civic hybrid

i have an 03 civic hybrid and the ima light states that another battery is needed and i am on the hook. I am not a happy camper. what state and city are you in? I await your reply. 1st battery was replaced @ 72k and we now have 130k.

I have a question for you:

I have a question for you: WHY did you buy a car that has smaller engine, heavier than conventional model and you already knew that the battery doesn't work and you are paying for gas to cary it around?

Finally the voice of reason!

Finally the voice of reason! Anyone who has an inkling of common sense would not be considering buying a hybrid let alone a used one.

"But in all of those cases

"But in all of those cases Honda and Toyota simply paid for their replacement even when the cars were outside their warranty coverage period."

Really? You should tell that to Honda who quoted me close to $4000 to replace a battery in my 2003 Civic Hybrid with a little over 100,000 miles on it in 2010. Got rid of that car and I WILL NEVER BUY A HYBRID AGAIN!!!!!!!! (OR HONDA FOR THAT MATTER).

Hi MSantos, I was just

Hi MSantos, I was just folllowing up on your comment. I went into the dealer today because my 2010 Civic Hybrid IMA/Check engine light went off. They said battery was fine but I need to drive it more to keep it charged and that was the problem (it only has 5,000 miles with 1 year on it). Do you know if that's right? It seems contrary to the advice you gave Russ. Thanks.