+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Battery life

I own a 2003 Honda civic

I own a 2003 Honda civic hybrid. It has 165,000 miles on it. The IMA light came on so I took it to the dealer? Battery not keeping a charge. Cost $3100 I am now trying to decide what to do with it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

You can have it repaired for

You can have it repaired for half that price or less. Contact me if you want more information.

Hi: have the same problem

Hi: have the same problem with my Civic 2002, IMA light came on and and dealer says it will cost $3000 to replace battery. What advice can you give me? thanks so much

Hi, I'm looking at used

Hi,

I'm looking at used cars and found a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid with 101,000 miles that I really like. The ad says "all original parts" which I take to mean it still has the original battery. I'm concerned that if I buy this car, it won't be long till I need to replace the battery. From what I've read replacing the battery can cost upwards of $3000 which I wouldn't be able to afford. Can anyone give me some advice about this?

Thanks,
    Carrie Ann

I would love to know how to

I would love to know how to repair a hybrid battery at half of the normal cost. Please email at lowlyoasis@yahoo.com.

I drive about 150 miles

I drive about 150 miles daily commute to work. Mostly on highway 70mph+. My SUV only gets 19 mpg at best, even with highway driving. Is a hybrid the right choice for me? My assumption is that hybrids are better for city driving <35mph. Any advice is appreciated, Thanks.

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid

I have a 2003 Civic Hybrid with 122,000. The IMA light has been on since 120,000. I have disconnected the 12 volt battery's positive lead multiple times and it does reset the IMA light, sometimes for a few days to a few weeks.

But my question is: if the IMA battery gets to the point where it can no longer keep a charge, will the car continue to operate but just not have the benefit of the IMA motor?

I went looking for a vehicle

I went looking for a vehicle since mine died last Monday. I found a 2004 Honda Civic Hybrid that I really want. My husband asked our mechanic about it. He told hubby about the battery issue, thus, I am looking for info about this. I see no one is replying to people who've been coming here with questions for the past 36 weeks. I do hope someone will comment on our questions. Does Honda still cover the cost of replacement of the battery even if it has a second owner?????

The starting price on a 2012

The starting price on a 2012 Honda Civic Sedan is $15,805 and the starting price for the same car in a hybrid is $24,050. That is a difference of $8,205 which in 2010 is almost the same as the average used car that was purchased. The normal sedan gets a combined average miles per gallon of 32 while the hybrid gets 44. The average miles driven a year is 13,576 according to The Federal Highway Administration and the average gallon of gas in California costs $4.26. You would spend $1314.40 on gas in the hybrid one and $1807 in the gasoline engine. That is a difference of $492,91 so it would take around 16 years until you break even on it and that is if you donít have to by batteries. hybrids suck assss

Hello, I have just put

Hello,
    I have just put a down payment on a 2003 Honda Civic Hybrid that has 95,000 miles. Should I be concerned about the mileage and the battery? How many miles does a battery last on average, and how do I know how many miles are on this battery?
    Thank you,
    Michael