+ Reply to Thread

Turning Front Defogger Off on '08 Prius

Hi all,

Just bought an '08 Prius, Package 2, nearly a week ago. I've got 100 milies on it and averaging 40.5 MPH in mostly street driving so far. My question regards the front defogger. I used it for the first time yesterday and am now unable to get the defogger light off. I turn climate control off, but still see the front defogger light highlighted on the dash. How do I turn it off? Thanks. (Yes, read the manual, but didn't see this specifically addressed.)

Jay

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

push the "climate" button on

push the "climate" button on the display, and bring up all the climate controls.

Select some other selection than the "windshield" icon. Either your feet, the dash vents, whatever.

Now, every time you hit the "windshield" selection on the steering wheel, it will toggle between your "other" selection, and the windshield.

Thanks for the reply. If I

Thanks for the reply. If I understand correctly, you're saying that some light will always be highlighted on the dash (regarding the direction of the airflow). Is that right? I guess I just expected that nothing would be highlighted if I wasn't using it, like my previous car. Thanks again.

Jay

The only "highlighted" light

The only "highlighted" light on the dash for the heating is the "windshield" icon. There is also a "rear window heater" icon, and a "Air Conditioning" icon but not a "heating" icon. Also an icon for "recirculate air" but NO ICON for "fresh air".

when you are blowing heat thru the other vents or floor outlets, there should NOT be a windshield icon showing on the dashboard. Or a recirculate icon, or the A/C icon.

It's not very intuative, but there are a few icons, and when the car is doing something else, there is just NO icon showing on the dash. Does that make sense?

To see EXACTLY what the car's HVAC system is doing, you have to switch the center display screen to "Climate" display. that shows you ALL the status icons. The dashboard display is only ment to be an "abbreviated version" of the Climate display.

I am a very new and happy

I am a very new and happy owner of a 2008 Toyota Prius. I have just about got the manual and controls under control but can not find the explanation of the little green cars both whole and half. Can anyone explain it for me or can you direct me to a web page that explains it. Thanks in advance
    Maureen

Hello, I just read another

Hello,

I just read another post in here from a member with a new prius. They are getting 53 miles/gallon. I heard others in here they are getting below 40.

Why the discrepancy?
    Does anybody know?