+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Whats the Fuel Economy and Emissions for this Car?

anyone know?

Too early to tell?

Well, for my first 524 miles I used 15.044 gallons of gas which comes out to just shy of 35 MPG. That was about 50% highway and 50% city driving with the A/C on about 50% of the time*.

* It's actually getting hot in Vegas already.

35 mpg not bad

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Burnell View Post
    Well, for my first 524 miles I used 15.044 gallons of gas which comes out to just shy of 35 MPG. That was about 50% highway and 50% city driving with the A/C on about 50% of the time*.

* It's actually getting hot in Vegas already.

The new federal mileage estimates say 34 MPG so at least thier estimates are close to reality. If I ever get one of these I'm keeping my same swift driving style for comparison. For years now, I've been averaging 22 MPG in my 95 Millenia. Cool thing is the Altima is the same size as the Milly to within an inch or two in all dimensions, except for trunk space of course.

Quote Originally Posted by juxtapos99 View Post
    The new federal mileage estimates say 34 MPG so at least thier estimates are close to reality. If I ever get one of these I'm keeping my same swift driving style for comparison. For years now, I've been averaging 22 MPG in my 95 Millenia. Cool thing is the Altima is the same size as the Milly to within an inch or two in all dimensions, except for trunk space of course.
    well, one thing i would do different is i would coast longer and spend a longer time braking....that will get you more efficiency

Fuel

Altima hybrid 3 weeks.
    I am getting betwee 32 and 34 mpg w/ 50% air conditioner. Best mileage 36 to 38 on freeway at 70+ mph (normal So.Cal driving speeds) w/ no aircon. . EV mileage good in slow freeway traffic.

so far, after 1 week of driving, i've gone 340 miles and the computer has told me i'm getting 35.2 mpg. when the engine breaks in, i expect this to be more easily achieved. i am starting to accelerate a bit faster and my fuel economy has gone up!

1-week Test Drive

Hey Everybody,
    I just spent one week with an Altima Hybrid test loaner. The Altima definitely has more power and style than the Camry. Although I didn't love everything about it. I posted my impressions here about half-way down the page:

http://www.hybridcars.com/compacts-s...-overview.html

I'm wondering if the new Altima Hybrid owners agree.

I do agree (with some exceptions).

Wow the Camry interior must be REALLY nice for you to say the Altima interior is 'inferior'. I really like the interior on my Altima Hybrid. It is a significant improvement over my last car (Mercury Sable). For the most part you are dead-on. The Altima is a little 'rough' at times but does have great acceleration, particularly from the electric motor! And is much sportier looking than the Camry. I have about 1500 miles on my car and I am getting just about 37 MPG's. For a car of this size and style, that's FANTASTIC!!!

Now as far as 'only if you live in the 8 states' part...

Hogwash! (Wow, I don't think I have ever used that word before).

If you want one, go get one! Let's teach Nissan a lesson!!! :-)
    A good lesson that is! Nissan really needs to be in the Hybrid arena.

Bradley,

I take exception with one area of your review:

"The Altima’s dashboard, on the other hand, made reading the mpg a guessing game. Instead of delivering an exact number, the fuel efficiency showed up on a display graph."

The mode you were monitoring is kind of a instant mpg display mode - one more step into display mode gives you an exact mpg number that you can monitor.

Quote Originally Posted by Collin Burnell View Post
    Wow the Camry interior must be REALLY nice for you to say the Altima interior is 'inferior'. I really like the interior on my Altima Hybrid. It is a significant improvement over my last car (Mercury Sable). For the most part you are dead-on. The Altima is a little 'rough' at times but does have great acceleration, particularly from the electric motor! And is much sportier looking than the Camry. I have about 1500 miles on my car and I am getting just about 37 MPG's. For a car of this size and style, that's FANTASTIC!!!

Now as far as 'only if you live in the 8 states' part...

Hogwash! (Wow, I don't think I have ever used that word before).

If you want one, go get one! Let's teach Nissan a lesson!!! :-)
    A good lesson that is! Nissan really needs to be in the Hybrid arena.
    um...i've been in the camry hybrid interior that was fully loaded minus the sunroof.

i felt that the camry's interior was cheap and very very plastic-y. i don't like the soft dash that just feels like foam tape. the materials felt very thing. i wasn't impressed. it was going to be between a camry and an altima for me...but being in the camry 1 time, i already knew i wouldn't be able to stand the interior