+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hi Peter; You are correct as

Hi Peter;

You are correct as Australia has only a single interior with no option.

However, in terms of external colors you are generally better off as the Australian color selection is distinct enough to please more people than what we have on our shores. Our colors seem to sit mainly on one side of the rainbow with mainly white and grays to choose from. At least you have a red and a blue which many of us seriously wish we had.

Cheers;

MSantos

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Yeah, when we were shopping

Yeah, when we were shopping we really wanted the 2006 Civic Hybrid in white exterior. It was more-or-less the *only* car in *any* of their model lines that came in white that year. I think there was one other: the Ridgline truck (which wasn't what we had in mind).

Anyway, I was taken aback a bit by the tan interior that came with white. I've never liked light coloured interiors, they're a pita to keep clean. 2~3 years down the road our interior is starting to look a little "burnished": seat edges and door handles in particular. Black, all season rubber floor mats (by Honda) helped with the carpet, which would otherwise likely be a disaster by now.

Addendum: Forgot to mention, this is in Canada.

I'll try this again . . .

I'll try this again . . .

Just got back from the dealer. To the best of my memory, this is the new color list for '09 hybrids:

Alabaster Silver Metallic (blue interior)
    Magnetic Pearl (blue)
    Nighthawk Black Pearl (ivory)
    ______ White Pearl (blue) -- this isn't the Diamond White Pearl on the Accords
    Atomic Blue Metallic (ivory)
    Polished Metal Metallic (ivory)

Also, leather will now be available for the hybrid.

durufle, what country? The

durufle, what country? The States? Looks like no non-metallic white: "Pearl" is metallic isn't it?

USA, sorry. Pearl isn't

USA, sorry. Pearl isn't metallic. It's more like a deep luster that picks up other light hues, kinda like a slight halographic effect. If you've seen a piece of mother of pearl shell, that's where the name comes from -- that irridescent quality. This link shows the comparison of the Taffeta White (on the current Civics) versus the White Diamond Pearl on the Accord:

http://automobiles.honda.com/accord-...or-colors.aspx

Acura, on the other hand, has no less than four different white pearl offerings on their various models, none of which seemed to be the white pearl I saw on the printed list for the 09 Civics.

I ordered a red with

I ordered a red with charcoal interior Prius in January. When I came to pick it up it had a putty "bisque" interior. I ended up getting talked into getting it anyway. You know the spiel "It will be at least 3 months before we can get another one in", "It will be cooler", "It doesn't show the dirt and won't stain" etc., etc. What a mistake, I can't get used to the industrial grey color. I feel as if I'm in a cubical or doctor's office. I spent my life saving to buy this car and I am uncomfortable in it. I put it in the classifies today. With the price of gas at least I'll be able to get my money out of it. I might get another Prius someday but from a different dealer. How hard is it to check the right color when you're ordering a car? Anyway my 22 year old Honda still gets 42 mpg on the highway, if it wasn't for the blue smoke that follows it. Must be the smoke monster from Lost.

black interiors are the best

black interiors are the best they always look the cleanest

Just get the Panic at the

Just get the Panic at the Disco HCH:

http://www.cars.justelite.net/wp-con...panic-hybr.jpg

::barf::

Nothing against the band, but that paint job looks like a preschool playground mural.

the cars are bad

the cars are bad

the cars are bad

the cars are bad