+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

I have an '03 Civic EX,

I have an '03 Civic EX, manual tranny and over the past couple of years my CC had been acting up and now will not come on at all. Initially it would drop out for no apparent reason but would always work once I re started it from the wheel buttons. Last week I pushed the button on the wheel and no more indicator lights now either.
    Also my starter stopped engaging which may or may not be related (both being electrical). I replaced my under the hood ground strap as it was looking corroded but this changed nothing.
    Seems this is becoming a common problem, not to mention safety concern, with these models. I don't even know where to start but I don't wanna give some repair shop a blank check to go routing around trying to figure out the source of the problem. I think Honda might wanna think about stepping up to the plate before someone gets run over by an 18 wheeler - hey, it got close one time !

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have the same problem.

I have the same problem. This is ridiculous. Has anyone found a solution yet?

I have a '02 Civic LX I4,

I have a '02 Civic LX I4, 248k miles, with auto and same/similar experiences. Ascending a hill is drops out of CC and slows quite rapidly. I have to turn off the master switch and wait a few minutes, turn it back on and it will work for a short time. Would be nice for Honda to act on this.

I am having the same problem

I am having the same problem with my '02 Civic EX. Cruise works great one trip, then hiccups, cuts out, and refuses to stay on the next--same kind of road (often the same exact road). Seems to be worse in hilly country, but like I said, sometimes it's fine over the exact same route it died on the last time. I have a '98 Civic LX with way more miles, and it's never acted like this. What's the deal? You'd think a newer, higher end model with fewer miles would outperform, but no. Could there be an entire batch of cruise modules going bad? Or is my '98 just built with tougher stuff?

This is happening to my

This is happening to my wifes civic as well. took a road trip today and about an hour in her cruise cut out. I did not believe her and blamed it on her knee hitting the switch.
    When I drove home I have the cruise control cut out frequently. seemed to have something to do with incline(s). I also noticed the AM radio gaining static and then a second later boom cc is gone.

I'm having same issue on a

I'm having same issue on a 2004 civic hybrid auto cvt that I just got used cc never worked mine would cut off almost instantly took it to the dealer and they prices me at about 425 with labor n discount. The service rep gave me a part number 36700-s5b-a51 it's the auto cruise controller they replaced it f with a used one and worked fine so he told me to call a few places and even gave me a number of a Honda junk yard to ask if they have a used one. Part is 289 @ dealer. as soon as I find one I'll update if it worked.

Adrian, your part is

Adrian, your part is available new for $167 at several online honda part stores. Example: Google majestic honda parts online

Amazing the markup the dealers ask for. I had one dealer in the Boston area charge me > than MSRP for a "new" AC compressor, and then demanded I give them the old one (which they would only need if it was a rebuilt with a core charge).

I have a 05 Honda Civic

I have a 05 Honda Civic Hybrid. Having CC problems similar to the ones described for the O1 and O3 models . While cruising at 65, 10 min into the drive, speed will decrease by 5mph stay there for about 15 seconds then shut off completely. Any ideas.

no i have not.

no i have not.

Absolute garbage. Starting

Absolute garbage. Starting to get pissed. All I DO is take long trips with this damn thing. Maybe it's time to punt.