+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Consider an Altima Hybrid - Advise?

Hi. I am considering buying either an Altima hybrid, a Camry hybrid, or a Prius. Any advise?

Also, does anyone know the status of the tax credits for these vehicles?

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Credits are still 100% at

Credits are still 100% at $2350.00

The general consensus is that the NAH looks better and is more fun to drive than a Camry. But might be slightly noisier in doing so. I can't say, not having driven a Camry.

If you need a 4 door mid size family sedan that can get upwards of 40mpg, this is your car. The Prius will get better mileage, but is not in the same class of car IMO.

I'm 50 years old, have driven everything from big pickups and SUV's to high performance Mustangs. (even had a 351 Cleveland in a 70 Stang not too long ago) and this car is just plain fun to drive. I look forward to driving it every day. And the fact that I fill the tank about once every 3 weeks makes it that much more enjoyable.

35 MPG is more realistic,

35 MPG is more realistic, and 100% of the credit is still available for Nissan, 0 for Toyota

35 MPG is more realistic,

35 MPG is more realistic, and 100% of the credit is still available for Nissan, 0 for Toyota

sorry for the dp

Thanks for all the advise so

Thanks for all the advise so far. I have one last question. The trunk on the Camry Hybrid is much smaller than on the conventional Camry because of the placement of the batteries (loses 1/2 - 2/3 of the trunk space). Does the Altima have this same problem?

I have one, IT's fine the

I have one, IT's fine the true milage IS Urban / City No AC 34mpg. with AC 25mpg.

And I don't care what anyone says this is it, the rest is hype.

much smaller and you lose

much smaller and you lose the fold down seat option. it's decent enough still to carry 2-3 large luggages though, so you can still go on road trips

I bought my Altima hybrid on

I bought my Altima hybrid on March 8 and LOVE it. My only concern is the trunk space. I did go on a road trip this past weekend with a passenger and we were able to fit our bags and gear in the trunk comfortably. I'm usually solo or +1, so I don't think the trunk space will be a big issue over time. The roomy backseat makes up for any space I might need.

My wife got hers March 30th

My wife got hers March 30th and loves it (drove a 97 Maxima SE for 10 years). Dealers are really lowering the price on these - with connection pkg and floor mats, you should be able to get one for $24000 before any rebates or low apr, plus the full tax credit.

Oops. Convenience pkg, NOT

Oops. Convenience pkg, NOT connection pkg.