+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

YOurs is the first

YOurs is the first suggestion, to solving this problem, i've found. my mileage started at 26 the first summer, 23 mpg the next, 21 mpg the next, and now down to 17 mpg. Same driver. The dealer says everything is fine. I'll look for your name to try anything.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

We are averaging about 18

We are averaging about 18 mgp with our '08 (w/ >1000 miles now) in the city as well... I think the mileage on the vehicle is grossly misstated. If I had known I would had haggle harder for a bigger discount with the dealer. I would've still bought it to encourage further hybrid development. Does any one own an '09-'10 model? If so, what has your mileage been?

Every once of carbon spew counts toward global warming and we should try to minimize it as much as possible. I'll be buying a smaller hybrid or electric when my kids get out of their child seats... I think the vast majority of buyers of SUV like the convenience in buckling up kids in child seats because of the height.

Another issue is the small battery, it dies if you play the radio for half an hour and can not restart the car if that battery is dead. Ironic since this vehicle has more batteries bigger than any non hybrid. There is a special feature in the manual that allows you to start the car in such a situation but I could not get it to work. Will be calling Toyota about it soon.

My gas mileage on my 2008

My gas mileage on my 2008 Highlander Hybrid has been dropping every year since I purchased it new. This past winter I was getting about 20 mpg. Now that spring is here, I'm doing a bit better, but no where close to what I was led to expect. This may well be my last Toyota after almost 20 years of owning nothing else.

My gas mileage on my 2008

My gas mileage on my 2008 Highlander Hybrid has been dropping every year since I purchased it new. This past winter I was getting about 20 mpg. Now that spring is here, I'm doing a bit better, but no where close to what I was led to expect. This may well be my last Toyota after almost 20 years of owning nothing else.

I own an 08 Highlander

I own an 08 Highlander Hybrid, and in conversation with various techs at the dealer, I have found that Toyota never intended this auto to be highly efficient. It was built for power, which it has buckets of, while getting decent miles. I can still get over 21 in town, and up to 30 on freeway driving without stop and go.

Hi, can you help me, how to

Hi, can you help me, how to reset ecu in 2007 Toyota Highlander Hybrid and MPG is 16-18.
    dealership says everything is fine... I'm very disappointed...
    Thanks!!!

Keep in mind that batteries

Keep in mind that batteries don't operate in the cold very well and old batteries do not keep their charge as long as new ones. Which is why I got an extended 7 year/75,000 mile warranty which includes battery replacement.

I also have a 2008 Toy HH

I also have a 2008 Toy HH Sport fully loaded . I've been getting 30-31mpg. This has improved from 26-28 for a few main reasons. The first is I installed a K&N reusable air filter. This increased air flow and efficiency. 35lbs in tires cold. I went ahead and put full synthetic 0w20. I drive 60 on the freeway. With traffic most of the time not much slower than the speed of traffic. I have 55000 miles on the car and the only problem I've had is replacing the engine batt. I have enjoyed driving it, very smooth ride. I do utilize the hybrid battery both directions to and from work. I feather the accelerator and stretch my braking distance at every opportunity. This charges at a lower rate but longer stretches is generating the most braking energy. This ends up close to 500 miles per tank.

I called Toyota regarding

I called Toyota regarding the low mileage problem and was informed that mileage depends on the location of the vehicle... it does perform a little better in the summer, but only by 1 to 2 mpg. Where do you live? Do you experience degraded performance in the cold? I will try the K&N filters but I doubt it would make a 30% difference. I bought a demo which was sitting in the lot all summer, was wondering if extreme heat had anything to do with it? (degrading battery) Which bring up the point of when to change the battery?

I'm not sure what the

I'm not sure what the problem with the poster's car. I bought my 2008 Highlander Hybrid back in 2009 new. I have consistently achieved 23 - 25 MPG on each tank of gas. It does do better in warmer weather, but I rarely get below 23 MPG.