+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: '09 FEH/MMH

Note in the information

Note in the information above:

"High-Efficiency Internal Combustion Engine (ICE). The 2.5L iVCT I-4 engine gets variable valve timing on the intake side (Intake Variable Cam Timing, iVCT), as well as a wide-band lambda sensor in place of a conventional oxygen sensor. The compression ratio in the engine is 12.3:1."

I'm hoping the new wide-band lambda sensors will help solve the problem of reduced MPG due to changes in fuel quality (ethanol). The wide-band lambda sensors are now used to increase performance, even in race engines. These sensors help the ECU adjust air/fuel mixtures faster and much better than the conventional oxygen sensors now used in the FEH/MMH.

GaryG

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

GaryG, I've been looking

GaryG, I've been looking into Ethos Fuel Re-formulator.

It a product that is suppose to help an enigne burn fuel better. Its hard to find anyone that has actually used it. Which usally means its a crap shoot.

Do you know of anyone that has tried this in a hybrid to get more milage out of the engine?

Do you think the lambda sensor would have trouble with it?

pauli

I withdraw my stupid

I withdraw my stupid question. I found some good research here:

http://www.torontogasprices.com/Foru...3976&page_no=1

I'm seeing on other forums

I'm seeing on other forums more and more interest in ordering and finding information on ordering the '09 FEH/MMH. In fact, other forums have people talking about what we have discussed here on Hybridcars.com.

Most of you don't know what it's like getting over 600 miles on a 15 gallon tank of gas, but I'll tell you it feels great knowing I picked a vehicle over 3 yrs ago that can if you work at it. I just looked at my trip OD and I have 539.3 miles on it with a 111 miles to empty reading. This will put me at 650.3 miles at 0 MTE with 1.3 gallons left in the tank. This means I could go over 700 miles if I need to before fill-up.

Why am I going to sell my '05 FEH when it get this kind of mileage? Because the resale value is so high, and I know the '09 will most likely perform better and have a great resale value 3 years from now. Also, interest rates were great in '05, and there great now.

Ranger 1 good luck with your

Ranger 1 good luck with your vehicle. Let everyone know how it is going.

I am reading that the 2009

I am reading that the 2009 Escape/Fusion Hybrid will be labeled a second generation hybrid. The 2010 Ford Edge and Lincoln MKX will be labeld a third generation hybrid and will be hooked up with the six cylinder (3.5L?) engine. Does this mean the electronics in the 2009 series will be significantly "more powerful" if it will also be the same equipment used in the heavier Edge and MKX? We do know, Ford is rumored to be developing their "own" suppliers for the hybrid equipment instead of relying on companies that are indirectly tied to Toyota. Within the next week or so, details should begin to emerge about the 2009 vehicles.

Looks Like Ford is joining

Looks Like Ford is joining Toyota and others on ordering packages.

By AMY WILSON, AUTOMOTIVE NEWS

As part of Ford Motor Co. CEO Alan Mulally's campaign to reduce complexity, the company is slashing the number of available equipment combinations on 2009-model vehicles.

Ford will reduce vehicle order combinations by more than 50 percent, say dealers who have been briefed on the plan.
    http://www.autoweek.com/apps/pbcs.dl...5076/1530/FREE

This link reveals one large

This link reveals one large photo of the 2009 Escape Hybrid in black: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a.../photo_01.html

That's not the FEH Billy,

That's not the FEH Billy, there is no HV battery vent and I also thought the fuel filler door was removed and a capless system was new for all the '09's. The black one has the optional 17" x 7" wheels that's not available on the FEH. The cream colored one has rims I don't see available in the '09 Escape ordering guide, must be available only on the Mariner. Also, where is the new chin spoiler on the front or the rear tire spoilers? You think those tires are michelin?

Just kidding around with you, but I'd really like to see some close-up pictures of a Black Limited FEH inside and out. The ordering guide said the Escape comes with disc brakes in the front and drum brakes in the rear. Nothing about the Hybrid rear disc brakes. I hope they didn't change that on the '09 FEH/MMH because of all the noise problems people were having. You know, I've never had the disc brake dust problem you get on most front rims, even on my rear disc brakes on my FEH.

You are correct and I knew

You are correct and I knew this was not a hybrid due to the rear cargo window lacking the vent. It was a 2008. Like others, is there any 2009 photos available?