+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast

It's just the way the car

It's just the way the car is. My method is just to try to refill the tank with about as many gallons as the consumption screen shows I've used. The pump usually clicks off 0.5 to 1 gallon before that number. I slowly squeeze in the rest.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have the plugin option

I have the plugin option from pluginsupply.com and can go 30-40 miles all electric, we didn't fill up for over 4 months.

So I would advise everyone to get a plugin option. It's also 80 cents for 10 Kwh of electric vs a gallon of gas ($2.60) Jan 2010 and going to go up and up and up.

Also consider the 60% imported oil and our money going out of the country at $22, million a day, the air pollution and security. Don't forget OPEC laughing at use addicted to oil.

Because it costs $8,000 to

Because it costs $8,000 to $12,000 for the upgrade. That means I'd have to save, at the current average price of $2.70/gal, 3,000 to 4,500 gallons of gas to break even. At 50mpg, that would require 150,000 to 225,000 EV miles to break even.

I don't think the economics are quite there yet.

I have a 2009 Prius Touring

I have a 2009 Prius Touring with the same issue. Since purchasing in May/09, I have NEVER been able to fill up beyond 10 gallons. In November I took the fuel to zero, running on battery 1 mile to the gas station. At that time I could still only fill up 9.5 gallons. (That day the weather was nearly 69 degrees). That's nearly 20% of my tank I cannot use at any time of the year. Their "rubber bladder" exuse did not work on me either and does not hold water as the weather does not seem to allow anyone to use 11.9 gallons.

Company bought used 2008

Company bought used 2008 Prius. To our surprise there was no operators manual. Where can one be found on line?

Have a 2001 Prius with over 200,000 miles with no problems.

For a company, it may be

For a company, it may be best to order an operators manual through the Toyota dealer or simply buy one off a site like ebay.

Eric Powers
    HybridCars.com Moderator
    Green Drive Expo Organizer (See you there!)

You are are wrong the tank

You are are wrong the tank holds 13 gallons. I don't know what you are smoking, becuase mine always takes 11 gallons when the add fuel light comes on.

2008 Prius owner.

I live up north and have

I live up north and have serious misgivings about the small fuel capacity. My Harley road king classic holda anm honest 5 1/2 gallons. Anyone driving west in cold weather had better beware. A safe 200 mile trip if you don't get stuck in snow or extended traffic backup. Toyota has never officially published this problem. Sounds like many of the thousands of Prius owners will eventually take action. especially when it becomes public knowlige. Like my Prius and have almost 75 thousand miles. This has been my major complaint with exception of high cost of head light replacements. Two replaced to date and they are hard to find even at $150.00. Sincerely. Ex jet pilot and I don't liuke to run low on fuel.

I think you are blowing the

I think you are blowing the problem out of proportion. I have no problem putting +300 miles on a tank and before it drops down to two bars. How many roads do you drive where you don't see a gas station for 300 miles?

Ran out of gas for the

Ran out of gas for the second time today since I bought my Prius in April of 08. I don't think I've ever put more than ten gallons in it... even in the summer. The manual is obviosly exagerating the fuel tank capacity. Am I supposed to believe they wouldn't do the same with my fuel consumption.
    On another note. What's with a fuel "bladder"? Why not a tank that will hold the claimed 11.9 gallons???