+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Something that may only

Something that may only interest me: I've noticed the first bar on my gauge is about 3 gallons. After I get below half a tank, each bar seems to be a gallon or less.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

That's why Prius owners call

That's why Prius owners call it a "Guess Gauge", the fuel gauge is completely innacurate.

I think that the fuel gauge

I think that the fuel gauge is just informative, sometimes a bit too "informative"

Is there a class action

Is there a class action lawsuit on this issue? If so, can anyone provide details? Thanx.

I have a 2006 Prius and I

I have a 2006 Prius and I have filled it up to 11.24 with gas to spare. I do know that i do not stop filling when the pump stops because it usually stops 2 to 3 gallons or more short of full. Know being in southern California, I don;t know how relevant this will be to those in colder climates but on average temperatures above 55 degrees, I haven't noticed an issue.

Whatever you do, don't let

Whatever you do, don't let the gas light go to blinking. I had the unfortunate experience of running out of gas. By the time I pulled the car to a safe spot the battery was dead. Tow truck added gas but this did not help. Had to be towed to dealership. Cost of car rental, boosting battery, and initializing computer came close to $200 - an expensive lesson to learn. A completely different experience from running out of gas with a regular car. I complained to Toyota and all they said is we will record your concern. Check out the internet under "Prius out of gas" and there are lots of stories like mine. Although running out of gas is preventable, just like some accidents are, it is a legitimate safety concern (more so with the Prius than with a regular car) and Toyota better address it quickly or my next car will not be a Toyota.

I've waited far longer and

I've waited far longer and have even driven 15 miles farther just to fail at filling it up once again. Obviously, one has no way of knowing how many miles you can get out of the darned thing. Otherwise, I love the car.

I've had a 2008 Prius for 3

I've had a 2008 Prius for 3 months, since Oct 2009. Mileage was around 44 when I first got it. Colder weather now in SE WA and last fill up is showing 33 + mpg. Not a happy camper here but still better than my old car at 18mpg. No gas tank problems, bars are accurate, shows about 33 mi per bar. But I will heed advice and fill tank sooner now. Anyone else get such shabby mileage in a 2008? I do like the car, it has great brakes IMO.

Snowier roads mean less mpg.

Snowier roads mean less mpg. Colder temps mean less mpg. Winter gas means less mpg.

My mileage dropped to 45ish at the coldest part of the winter so far. But our winter gas isn't so bad, we don't have E10, and I keep the heater set at 68F.

Did anyone respond to this

Did anyone respond to this question?

I would be interested since I have had ongoing problems with tank from shortly after getting the car - holding average 8 gallons max - inlet "sensor" replaced first, then bladder replaced about 2 months ago - 2008 Prius two years old this March with 35,000 miles. I get about 350 miles to a tank. Service manager can't comment when I say it is an engineering flaw. Doesn't help Toyota's case that they went to a rigid tank for 2010. Otherwise, very pleased but, of course, matless on the driver's side.