+ Reply to Thread

Just Back from the Dealer

Yep, just back from the dealer, and I'm thrilled to have ordered my brand new 2008 HCH II. The only issue I have, and it's a non-issue, is that the HCH is available in any shade of grey you can think of, plus white! No real blues, no greens (appropriate for a Hybrid), not even a red. LOL ... So I ordered a Taffeta White to match my wife's 2004 Pilot EX.

I'm currently driving a 2007 Ridgeline RTX. Surely do love that truck, but at about 25K Miles/year and 16.5 mpg, it's eating a huge hole in my wallet. I know I'll be able to get the advertised EPA mileage, plus. Shoot, I was at nearly 40 mpg from a cold start, on a VERY cold day, and for a short test drive. I have no doubt that my normal driving regime will yield far better results.

MSantos, I need to thank you from the bottom of my heart for your most thoughtful, thought provoking, and to point comments in this forum. I've done as you've suggested to many and have printed Tarabell's article. I'll curl up on the couch in a minute and thoroughly digest it. (Reading it before driving the car made it a tad confusing.) I do indeed respect you highly, especially with the even toned and kind manner in which you treat the "nay-sayers". You have a far better control of your temper than I do.

First thing I'll do when I bring that HCH home is to increase the tire pressure ... 40psi front, 38 psi rear.

Over the course of the past week, I'v'e read nearly every post on this forum, so that I could educate myself on the car, from an owner's standpoint. Thank you one and all for you posts, helpful advice, and general sense of humor.

I know I'll enjoy this forum and hope, after some experience behind the wheel, to even be able to add some suggestions myself.

Thanks again all y'all, and I do look forward to "meeting" you.

Fr. John

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

FrJohn: Congratulations and

FrJohn:

Congratulations and good luck with your new vehicle.
    By reading and "digesting" Tarabell's article you've taken the first steps to a good and smart relationship with your new car.

If you want to go beyond what the car can regularly achieve particularly into the 70+ MPG US (3.4+ l/100km) club, please drop by www.CleanMPG.com and introduce yourself to the folks there.

Cheers;

MSantos

I too welcome you. I have

I too welcome you. I have been a HONDA CIVIC HYBRID owner of a 2006 model since Oct 2006. I really enjoy my car. In fact I publish a Hybrid car update on my experiences. I have done five updates, since taking delivery. If you are interested in those "back issues", and being added to future issues, please e-mail me at william.kehoe.thompson@us.army.mil. Again, welcome. Bill Thompson.

Thanks, guys, for the

Thanks, guys, for the welcome. I'm off to "CleanMPG.com".

I do appreciate it, and will certainly stop in for tips frequently.

Y'all have a good night now!

Pax

FrJohn