+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Jillian Can you let us know

Jillian

Can you let us know specifically what the repair is? Was there a TSB or recall listed on the work order from the dealer service dept? Thanks so much!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2009 Mazda Tribute.

I have a 2009 Mazda Tribute. Power steering failed in the middle of a turn. 140K kms. Warranty expired. I had to replace the Power Steering Control Module. "Molude" is a misnomer since they had to replace the entire steering control shaft as well. Now Mazda has to configure the new module chip. Total cost: $2374.37. Last Mazda I ever buy!

Same has been happening to

Same has been happening to our 2008 Mariner Hybrid - No warning light; no console message. Ford service technician tells me there the diagnostic tool indicates a code that recommends replacing the steering column for about $1,400.

This is very similar to ODI ID Number : 10306742 which I found at https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Otherwise I have been pleased with the vehicle.
    I would like to know if such an expensive operation will actually fix the problem, or if a recall is in the works so that Ford pays for it.

Hi,
    Do you have more details on this? I\'ve had the same problems and they want to change the steering column for $2200 with no guarantees. I\'d like to try any options first.
    Thanks,
    C