+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

jtgonegreen, congrats on

jtgonegreen, congrats on your new FEH! I was very excited when I got mine this time last year. Gary, how much of an MPG hit are you taking with the 90/10 gas/ethanol blend? My mileage has gotten better as I've broken the vehicle in, but I still believe that this corn fuel has taken some miles off the tank. I for one would be interested in that lesson... maybe other folks would too.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi Evlar I have to work much

Hi Evlar

I have to work much harder at hypermiling than ever before to average 43mpg tanks. Last year it was no problem averaging 45mpg tanks with day averages if I tried hard would be ~47 - 48mpg. I continue to wait for my fuel maps to adjust to the ethanol, but I'm on my 4th tank with only a slight improvement. If things don't improve soon, I'm going to start altering some of my techniques with battery management. Since I mainly drive with a low SoC, this puts a heavy engine load when the small generator is working hard to recharge the low battery. This and the A/C compressor really are effecting the lower energy of E-10. Never has my instant MPG readings been this low under that load.

I've thought about keeping the SoC higher so the generator wouldn't put such a heavy load on the engine, but if my SoC is over 41.6% when I do a fake shift in "L", the engine shuts down for EV to early. The way I drop the SoC in EV to ~40%, I can get a much more controlled FS in "L" without the engine shutting off. With the second FS, my SoC is above 43% when it's fine for the engine to shutdown for EV driving and coasting. Now that it's hot here, I guess I can just turn Max A/C on for the first FS to prevent going EV to soon.

I keep trying to justify why I got 61.8mpg during the MPG Challenge with E-10. Now I'm thinking it was the rolling hills that made the E-10 seem as good as straight gas. It makes me think I would have gotten 75-85mpg had Debbie's FEH had and was adjusted to straight gas. It also makes me think that I have a big handicap driving the flat roads of So. Florida now. If the fuel maps don't adjust any better than they have so far, ethanol is going to get some bad reviews by me again.

Evlar, just give me a date and time when your ready. Wayne Gerdes calls these hypermiling lessons "Clinics", so I think it's better to continue with that term.

The question about ordering

The question about ordering the '09 FEH/MMH and Fleet Sales ordering has been brought up. Here is a confirmation about fleet sales:

Late Fleet Availability for 2009 Escape
    and Mariner Hybrid
    Fleet production for the 2009 Ford Escape Hybrid and Mercury
    Mariner Hybrid will be delayed until the fourth quarter of 2008,
    Ford announced.
    The manufacturer will begin accepting hybrid orders on April
    17, 2008; however, fleet requests will be placed on material hold
    until the fall. Scheduling for 2009 hybrid fleet orders is estimated
    to begin in mid-September.
    http://www.arifleet.com/efnews/ef2008/EF804.pdf

Ford needs those retail sales it appears!

Placed my order 5/1/2008,

Placed my order 5/1/2008, and dealer called today with a 7/7 to 7/11 delivery date. I can't wait!!

Chris Where are you located,

Chris

Where are you located, and can you provide other details on your specific experiance? I am in Texas. I ordered mine on 05/30 or 06/01 and last word I got from the dealer was they wont know anything at all until 'sometime' in July. I'd love to think that based on your experiance, my FEH would be in, in early August, but I'm just getting a long wait feeling from the dealer. The dealer has not even come through with a confirmation number or anything that says the factory has acknowledged my order. I also asked about X-Plan pricing and that was pretty much just a flat out no.

thanks in advance
    cab2

I was told this afternoon

I was told this afternoon that my order has been allocated and sent to the KC plant. The Dealership said I should have a Vin # next Tuesday. My order started on 4/22/08 and I got a confirmation and priority #40 that day. On 4/29/08 I got another confirmation with my name on the order with a priority # of 14 which was move up from 40. The dealership said I should have my unit in about 4 weeks. Not sure the dealership knows the KC plant closes for two weeks in early July for vacations. I suspect an early August delivery at best. I heard the KC Plant is working all three shifts now which may help.

We placed an order on 5/28.

We placed an order on 5/28. A week later we received the confirmation.

BTW, our dealer did Xplan pricing although they wanted a deposit of $1,000.

Cab2, I'm in Illinois, and

Cab2,

I'm in Illinois, and ordered from a friend of my dad. He is sales manager at a dealership in Indiana. He also gave me the X plan pricing.

So I live in California. If

So I live in California. If I did not order an Escape Hybrid, When can I expect to see them on the lots for sale?

Hi Laura California dealers

Hi Laura

California dealers get a priority number of units for retail sales. Many order cancellations should result in the FEH/MMH being available on the lots starting in July. June 23 was the date retail units began rolling off the assembly line. I'm being told that units for stock by the dealers hasn't began here in Florida, but that may not apply to your State. Last years model was hard to find in different area of the Country, but many California dealers had plenty at a much better price.