+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 LastLast

so, does anyone know if the

so, does anyone know if the production line started for the FEH or MMH this week? I've still yet to hear word one from my dealer on my order. Not even a confirmation that my order has been accepted by the factory.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I've been seeing some

I've been seeing some conflicting information on a few different forums. One guy is claiming his vehicle is being delivered 7/7. Wonder if he actually ordered a hybrid.

On 2 other forums they show that productions isn't starting until October because of part unavailability. See this link: http://www.donlen.com/buildstart_trucks_ford.html

JimO

Ford has started production

Ford has started production on the FEH/MMH as we speak. This was released today, but I've heard this for about a week now.

•Ford said last week that it is adding a third shift at a Kansas City plant making its Escape hybrid and Mercury Mariner hybrid. And it said the European Ford Focus and Fiesta, next-generation small cars, will begin production in North America in 2010.
    http://www.csmonitor.com/2008/0625/p01s09-usec.html

My order has been alloted and sent to the Kansas City Plant. I didn't get a VIN # today because my broker didn't return my call. I'm told this information is released from Ford on Tuesdays, so may be next Tuesday I'll hear something. I'll report here as soon as I know something.

Donlen is a fleet management

Donlen is a fleet management company. Their production schedule applies to fleet sales only. Ford has stated that the production priority would be given to retail sales first (customer orders), dealer stock next and fleet orders last. Retail production was scheduled to begin 6/23/08.

Cab2, it sounds like your

Cab2, it sounds like your dealer is not going to get an allocation for you any time soon. It's possible they want to use your retail order to get a stock unit to sell at the highest price over sticker. Demand a confirmation paper with your name, and call Ford directly to see if your dealer is using your order for a stock unit with your name and deposit. I've gotten two confirmations since my order on 4/22/05.

The fact that your dealership knows X-Plan is out of the question lets me know they want to hold any priority number units to the highest dollar of profits they can make. Sometimes it's best to go ugly early I'm afraid.

Thanks for the info folks.

Thanks for the info folks. Much appreciated. I did find a pretty good description on one of the Blue Oval forums (i think) the other day about what happens when you order a vehicle. I have a printout of the conceps screen, but as I have come to find out, that is not confirmation of an order. I sent the dealer / salesperson an email yesterday asking if they had any kind of dora # / information they could provide me. I want to give them the benifit of the doubt, but I'm just getting an uneasy feeling about not hearing any kind of a confirmation # etc. I pasted the below paragraph in to my email. It's from the blue oval forum thread. I'll give them a couple days and then maybe stop in over the weekend, or some night next week. As I said, I want to give them the benifit of the doubt, but the lack of following info now 3 weeks later seems strange. I'll let folks know what happens.

This "VEHICLE ORDER CONFIRMATION" page generated by CONCEPS does NOT mean that the vehicle has been ordered, even if it shows a customer name! Once a Dealer confirms through the CONCEPS vehicle pricing screens that the vehicle order is correct, the Dealer has to hit the "F4" key to actually submit the vehicle order to Ford. The next day the Dealer receives a different document from Ford called a "DORA" which is the actual confirmation from Ford that the vehicle order has been placed. DORA is identified at the top of the form as "Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement" and shows all the vehicle order information including Order Type, Priority Code, Customer Name, etc. The DORA will also show the Order Receipt Date as well as the latest update "Date" when appropriate. After the initial order is placed, a new DORA will be generated whever any changes are made to the order before it is "locked in" for production. A DORA for a scheduled unit will also include the vehicle's VIN number

Okay, my broker just called

Okay, my broker just called with my VIN # so I'm good to go for sure now. First confirmation 4/22/08 with no name, second confirmation 4/29/08 with my name and now 6/25/08 I have a VIN #. Hope this information helps those who have ordered and those who plan to order a spanking new '09 FEH or MMH!

I just got an email from my

I just got an email from my dealer with a 4 digit order number. Does that sound right? I don't want to post the # here, but it's more than i had a few days ago. Maybe it does pay to push. sounds like she's having a real tough day just from the typo's in the email. Like I said, wanted to give the benifit of the doubt. I'll stop by and talk to them face to face later this week or early next.

My first conformation number

My first conformation number was 7777 which was just a fill in the blanks number. The second confirmation number was M665 and that sheet had my name on it. Today I got a 17 digit Vin number that started with IFMVU493.........

You should ask her for a copy of the Vehicle Order Conformation form to see what the Priority number is and if your name is on it. The dealership has to have an allocation before the unit order is sent to the factory for a DORA and VIN number.

thanks. My order number

thanks. My order number starts with 4 and has 4 digits. My VOC / conceps sheet shows a priority of 10. I will ask for more details when I see here face to face. Many thanks for your input. It has been a big help. This is my first time doing an order. I've been a ford customer since my first new car, but always off the lot stuff, never an order.