+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Greg, thanks for the info on

Greg, thanks for the info on the 2009 models. We were trying to order an 08 yesterday and the dealer said they had a previous cancellation and might try to use that production spot for our order, otherwise they can't order 08's anymore. I think I'll call them tomorrow and tell them I'll wait for an 09 anyway, sounds like it has enough positive changes to make it worth the wait.
    As a side note, I had searched dealer inventory online at over 100 dealers in TX, OK, and NM and only found a four with a hybrid in stock and calls to two of them revealed they had been sold already. So it is pretty much impossible to buy one here without ordering it. They said it would be about 26 weeks before you would get it after you order. They are also selling them for MSRP around here, no deals to be had.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I ordered my 08 Kiwi Green

I ordered my 08 Kiwi Green Mercury Mariner in September, and got it 3 1/2 weeks later. I was originally told I would get it in December. I love it, and I did not wait long...but I know a few people who ordered them right after me and had to wait.
    I have to let you know , my door seals had not been properly installed, and my car leaked when it rained. I had to take it back to the dealer to get it that fixed,and carpet dryed out, which took a week. So if you take delivery, please be sure to double check your door seals!
    Other than that, I love it, and the color is sooo cool. People are always staring.

Hi Jane, more than likely

Hi Jane, more than likely your MMH was already ordered but had not been built yet. This happen to me back in Dec. of '04 when someone canceled their order. I got a call from a broker who deals with most dealerships and he said I could get that vehicle much sooner if I wanted. The good part about the FEH order was that it had not been built yet and I had time to change any options on the order. I made those changes and got a conformation from Ford. It came much sooner with all the changes made from the original order.

Clearly, ordering a MMH and getting it in 3 1/2 weeks is not the norm and I think your lucky things worked out the way they did.

I ordered my 08 FEH over

I ordered my 08 FEH over Thanksgiving and received it on Valentine's Day (13 weeks). I was able to negotiate a price with the dealer in advance ($300 over invoice + $500 grad student discount) and got to select all options and a color. I live in Missouri so it was made just down the road in KC. I love it! Thanks for all the great tips and information on this site.

Hello; At this point I'm

Hello;
    At this point I'm looking to order an 09 since I want Hands Free and Nav, not an option with the 08. I live in Cali and as of July we can only use hands free or it's a fine. Any idea when we can place an order for a MMH 09?

Hi Tori I've been told I

Hi Tori
    I've been told I can't order the '09 FEH yet, but my broker is working on the moment I can. You bring up a good point about ordering a '09 MMH and I'll ask him to also get a Mercury dealer working on it also.

If anyone hears anything about the date we can place an order, please post it here ASAP.

GaryG

My "insider" stated sometime

My "insider" stated sometime in April 2008 is when you can place an order. The vehicles are to arrive at the dealership in the Summer of 2008.

I stopped at our local Ford

I stopped at our local Ford dealer tonight just for the heck of it (my wife and I were passing by). I played dumb, just wanting to see what the dealer line was. We said we were interested in a FEH (we drove in in an Explorer). The dealer was surprisingly honest, and told us that Ford would not accept any 08 orders, and he didn't know when we could order an 09. I felt bad for this guy, he was a seasoned sales person, a lifer no doubt. He said he personally could have sold 10 FEH's recently and his co-worker had turned down 9 sales. I really can't afford a new FEH right now, as I just purchased a Nissan hybrid 2 months ago, but I want Ford to know that they are throwing sales away (we do plan on replacing the Explorer in the next 1-2 years with a hybrid, hopefully a PHEV).

Next time you drive by a dealer and have a few minutes, tell them you want to buy a hybrid. Sooner or later the manufacturers will have to get smart.

The problem with the FEH

The problem with the FEH from Ford's bottom line is "they lost money on each sale". This is a true statement as Ford Executive Nancy G. (forgot the spelling) stated Ford will begin to make a profit on the hybrid vehicles in 2008. Thus, Ford had to limit sales due to their financial concerns. Yet they needed to produce hybrids to boost the corporate fuel average and generate good PR. Sales pesons at the dealership are not always the best persons to obtain information from especially in regards to hybrid vehicles. You will obtain better information elsewhere. We know the Escape is only made in Kansas City, Mo. Maybe-wink-monitoring the internet newspapers from this region will provide a tip.

Let me get this straight.

Let me get this straight. They are going to start making a profit in 2008, there is a demand for the vehicle, but you can't order one. Sounds like bad management to me. How many F-150 plants are there?

Also, every single new vehicle ever produced lost money initially.