+ Reply to Thread

Low Battery Warning for key...

Anyone else get this ? Im at 5,000 miles and the 'low battery warning for your key' warning light came on. It was there for BOTH my keys, but Ive owned it only two months....I brought it in to the dealer and he replaced both batteries in both keys. . . .. I (and he) thought that was a little whack......

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Had the car since July, and not seen this yet. Good luck.

-Gren

This is unrelated but does involve the Hybrid key fob. Nissan service manager called me on Sat. and said that the replacement keys are now in stock. Replacement is based on a Nissan recall that the current keys could be damaged if placed next to a cell phone.
    I was aware of this problem and have not encountered any issues as I have kept key and cell phone in different pockets. Plan to exchange them at my next oil change.

Do you have an 07, or 08

Do you have an 07, or 08 model?

Got the same warning note on

Got the same warning note on a '08 Altima w/22k miles. Our keys got recalled a couple months ago and new ones were issued.... and here we are... back to the dealer.

why bother? the key just

why bother? the key just needs a CR2032 battery. My first one lasted almost 2 years so if you change the battery and it still doesn't last very long, then I'd go to the dealer. Other than that, I'd save the trip and just go buy the battery.