+ Reply to Thread

Mariner Hybrid FWD vs AWD

Hello,

Would anyone know how to find out if the 08 Mariner Hybrid being looked at is a AWD or FWD? I know that it is an intelligent AWD system, but how can one tell by looking the car?

Is there an easy way to know it by myself (like in the Navigation system or for a specific part) and not just base it off of what the dealer or window ticket price says.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by rkk99 View Post
    Hello,

Would anyone know how to find out if the 08 Mariner Hybrid being looked at is a AWD or FWD? I know that it is an intelligent AWD system, but how can one tell by looking the car?

Is there an easy way to know it by myself (like in the Navigation system or for a specific part) and not just base it off of what the dealer or window ticket price says.

Thanks
    You could look to see if there is rear axles to drive the rear wheels. The FWD vehicle has no rear axles or a rear differential.

GaryG

Mariner FWD vs AWD

As Gary G points out, a quick glance under the rear bumper will tell you what you need to know and it is very, very obvious.

AWD versions have a rear differential and axles. FWD versions do not and there is a very obvious "hole" where the differential would have been. When driving behind one you can spot this from at least a half a block away.

I bought a car warranty on

I bought a car warranty on my Mercury Mariner Hybrid for 3 years. I'm wondering if I needed it. It came with a 60 day warranty included and after 2 months driving it, it seems in excellent condition. It's a 2006 and has 69,000 miles. After buying the car because of the great buildup, I got, but...it's all computerized and anything could go wrong at any time, costing you thousands....
    They conveniently placed the full amount of the 3 years the insurance would cost to my loan, so I would pay interest on it for 3 years, also. This is not what I had in mind. I'm thinking of canceling it, because anything that would go wrong in 3 years, wouldn't cost more than the $4000+(after interest) of insurance I would pay in advance!