+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 27 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 ... LastLast

I have a 2004 and a 2007

I have a 2004 and a 2007 civic hybrid.
    I was fooled twice, so I guess shame on me.
    Both of them are doing between 30-35 MPG,
    Both cars started with gas milage above 40MPG,
    and dropped down after services.

I remember that the 2004 had a recall when they claimed they had to enrich the fuel/air ratio, otherwise the catalytic converter would go bad. That sounds like a bull to me, maybe someone here knows better.

The 2007 had a recall recently, when a genius at Honda decided that to protect the bad battery dying before the warranty expires, they can juts keep charging it almost all the time. So they did a computer software update. Sure that decreased the gas milage. I think this last idea makes the name "hybrid" moot. It should warrant a (new) class action lawsuit against HONDA.

But the gas milage went down even before the recalls. Maybe because of the oil? I noticed that they placed the wrong oil in both cars, but when I questioned them they claimed it was just written on the service invoice incorrectly, and the car has the correct oil in it.
    I know that they are lying. I just don't know how to prove it.

The 2004 had its transmission changed still under warranty (barely).
    I just noticed the now well know shudder developing again.
    Had the IMA battery changed a year ago still under warranty, and the air conditioner compressor just broke down.
    This was my first new car. I had less problems than this with used and abused GM cars that I owned before. I should probably just cut my losses and sell the car.

The 2007 hybrid had its rear upper arm stabilizers replaced under a service bulletin, after a year long complain to the dealer about the terrible noise (they did not hear it), and after loosing the rear tire. The dealer claimed no knowledge of the widespread problem until I showed him the service bulletin.

I will probably try to change the oil myself, to see if it makes any difference, but with the computer software adjustments I cannot do anything.

I just spread the news and never buy honda again.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2004 and a 2007

I have a 2004 and a 2007 civic hybrid.
    I was fooled twice, so I guess shame on me.
    Both of them are doing between 30-35 MPG,
    Both cars started with gas milage above 40MPG,
    and dropped down after services.

I remember that the 2004 had a recall when they claimed they had to enrich the fuel/air ratio, otherwise the catalytic converter would go bad. That sounds like a bull to me, maybe someone here knows better.

The 2007 had a recall recently, when a genius at Honda decided that to protect the bad battery dying before the warranty expires, they can juts keep charging it almost all the time. So they did a computer software update. Sure that decreased the gas milage. I think this last idea makes the name "hybrid" moot. It should warrant a (new) class action lawsuit against HONDA.

But the gas milage went down even before the recalls. Maybe because of the oil? I noticed that they placed the wrong oil in both cars, but when I questioned them they claimed it was just written on the service invoice incorrectly, and the car has the correct oil in it.
    I know that they are lying. I just don't know how to prove it.

The 2004 had its transmission changed still under warranty (barely).
    I just noticed the now well know shudder developing again.
    Had the IMA battery changed a year ago still under warranty, and the air conditioner compressor just broke down.
    This was my first new car. I had less problems than this with used and abused GM cars that I owned before. I should probably just cut my losses and sell the car.

The 2007 hybrid had its rear upper arm stabilizers replaced under a service bulletin, after a year long complain to the dealer about the terrible noise (they did not hear it), and after loosing the rear tire. The dealer claimed no knowledge of the widespread problem until I showed him the service bulletin.

I will probably try to change the oil myself, to see if it makes any difference, but with the computer software adjustments I cannot do anything.

I just spread the news and never buy honda again.

We have a 2003 HCH which we

We have a 2003 HCH which we bought several years ago used. At first it got great gas mileage consistent with the advertisements. Then every time we took it to the dealer the mileage got worse and worse. Now it's less than 30 miles/gallon in city driving. The dealer is proposing a 50 mi test drive and sending the results to Honda. We'll see. And by the way, a month ago we had to replace the battery. I wouldn't buy this car again ever.

do yourself a favor, buy a

do yourself a favor, buy a diesel !!!. You will be much happier. The problem with our car companies is they insist on building what is profitable. We KNOW lighter weight works. We KNOW diesels are 40% more fuel efficient. We KNOW stick shifts get better mileage, but they intentionally don't build these cars. SHAME. Around the world they have same vehicles we drive here with much more efficient drivetrains. Why, because they demand them. Here, our EPA and government play us for fools. We need to demand this technology!!!!

Go to this FB page: Honda

Go to this FB page: Honda Corporation Has No Honor.
    Maybe if we all write letters using the sample as a "template" Honda will finally get fed up and replace our batteries.
    From a very unhappy 2007 HCH owner, 3rd time Honda owner, who will never buy a Honda again!

Wow, all these complaints.

Wow, all these complaints. Echo chamber I suppose.

I thought I was getting lousy milage and came here for tips on how to improve this during the winter. I was getting only around 42 mpg over the last 2500 miles here in Toronto. During the summer I was easily getting over 50.

So I'll just keep on trucking!

I was very pleased my first

I was very pleased my first year or two also. The problem is that the mileage at first slowly, than eventually more quickly, starts to worsen. All of a sudden after 2 years, you realize you're only getting 38 mpg highway under perfect (no hills, etc.) conditions.
    Then the Dealer makes it worse by doing a software upgrade. And you're stuck with a 3 1/2 yr. old car with not even 50000 miles that only gets 32 mpg and performance issues (as in sometimes it just doesn't want to "go" when you step on the gas).
    Hopefully I'm wrong but I think this will happen to you also. (:-

Well it's back to summer

Well it's back to summer again, finally. I put the Dunlops back and and reset the Trip A.

Over the last 500 miles I averaged 57.8 mpg (US gallons), or 4.1 l/100km in metric. That's combined, but almost all hiway, I get about 45 in the city. This is better gas milage than it's rated for. The car is a 2006 with 60,000 miles on it, so it's not like it's not broken in.

I'd love to try out one of these cars that doesn't get the same. It would be interesting to both drive the same route and then compare the IMA battery levels.

We bought a 2008 Honda Civic

We bought a 2008 Honda Civic new and at first it was pretty good. The gas milage wasnt what the sticker said, we only got about 38 mpg, but none the less it was pretty good. Then last year they started putting in these updates. After the first one we lost some power. We then complained about it to Honda and were able to bring it in last week for yet another update. Now we are getting only about 25-28 mpg. This is unbelievable! We Immediatly complained to Honda and were told that it was the way we driving it. You have got to be kidding me, really? The service manager said we needed new batteries, but were denied by the Honda corporation. Now we are about to go on vacation to drive up north about a 1,000 miles with a car that gets less than 30 mpg. We told Honda about our plight but they were unsympathetic, even when we asked for a rental until they fixed our car we were denied once again. For all of u people that are thinking of getting a Honda Hybrid, DONT. And for all of u people like me that ownes one, get a lawyer. We are.

My experience is very much

My experience is very much like Mr. Porter's. We've had our 08 Civic Hybrid for nearly a year. Initially we were very satisfied - getting (a calculated) 40-45 consistently. Then in Nov I got the update notice and naively took it in thinking this could only help things. Since then my mileage has nosedived averaging 32-35 in the winter and 35-38 in the summer (please note though that I am only getting 30.5 on this tank. When I went back in after the nose dive, they blamed it on the cold weather and said that it would be better again in summer (it has not). We love many things about this car but are feeling ripped off by Honda. I don't know what is going on with these updates but I don't believe that Honda has its customer's best interests in mind but rather theirs.