+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 27 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 ... LastLast

do ur homework dude. no car

do ur homework dude. no car has ever gotten the mileage reported on the sticker. to think they will knowing ur car was tested on a treadmill for its mileage stats, is malicious stupidity. so instead of taking blame for ur decision u report, oh, scam scam. i own a hybrid and it made 45 at best and 38 on average. GO HOME and cry

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

There is a lot of comments

There is a lot of comments regarding firmware upgrades equating to lower MPG. I own a used 2008 and I get 28/36 MPG.

Can a dealer install the original version of firmware if the firmware has been upgraded? In other words, can the 2008 HCH be taken back to the factory state?

Yo, "Dude", where in my post

Yo, "Dude", where in my post does it say anything about the sticker mileage? Maybe you should read AND understand what somebody is saying before you accuse them of being stupid. When we first got the car, we got highway mileage in the mid to high 40s and local mileage in the high 30s to low 40s. Over time, as our IMA battery packs went bad and Honda kept loading in new software, our mileage went down substantially despite using them for all maintenance and not changing our driving habits. Do you see any mention of sticker mielage here either????? Our beef was always with the deteriorating condition of our mileage overtime everytime Honda updated its software and the bad IMA battery packs, not the EPA rating. Read more carefully and slowly the next time before you call anyone stupid. If you want, I can use simpler words if this not understandable to you either.

All this fuss about the mpg

All this fuss about the mpg in the civic hybrid but my 2006 hybrid does just fine. I do the math both by hand and the digital reading they are normally with in 2 mpg and it is the calculation that is higher in the past year i have put over 20000 miles on the car and i must say i do not drive very economically(got a lead foot) but I average anywhere from 44 to 47 both city and highway. Sounds like the newer models suck at mpg.

The Honda Civic Hybrids are

The Honda Civic Hybrids are a complete joke, mine is only achieving 30 mpg. I traded in a 08 smart car which was getting 35 mpg without trying.

DLG wrote in part: "Can a

DLG wrote in part: "Can a dealer install the original version of firmware if the firmware has been upgraded? In other words, can the 2008 HCH be taken back to the factory state?"

I believe the only way to do that is to replace the Power Control Module (the computer), and I suspect it doesn't come cheap ;(

30 to 37 mpg!!! That's it

30 to 37 mpg!!! That's it for this West Hollywood Civic Hybrid. Bought a 2006 Honda Civic Hybrid riding the hope that the 49 city/52 highway mpg was only minimally hyperbolic. I would be happy with 42 mpg, but limited to street driving in Hollywood, the Civic Hybrid's dash reads approximately 34 mpg. And lately, that's only on good days. However, on a trip to Sedona, the mpg shot up to 42-44 mpg??? I zeroed out the mpg and at 300 miles, it's reading 30 mpg. I drive like Granny. Cruise control all the way. I'm surprised that so many Civic Hybrid owners are actually getting some decent mileage. I hate you guys. For myself, even tho the Civic Hybrid's styling, handling and visibility are preferable, I'll look at the Prius (which is known to consistently hit 42-44 mpg), the Mini or something with less variance in results in my next car. Look at the polarity re: the mileage. How'd you like to fly on an airliner with these kinds of odds?

IN SEPT. 2009 I BOUGHT A

IN SEPT. 2009 I BOUGHT A 2009 HONDA CIVIC HYBRID. WHAT A BIG MISTAKE! BY DEC.2009 I HAD TO SPEND $500.00 OF MY HARD EARNED DOLLARS ON A CADILLIC CONVERTER. HONDA SAID OH WELL YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY THAT WE ARE GOING HALF WITH YOU (IT WOULD HAVE COST ME $1,OOO IF THEY WERENT SO KIND)GRRRRR... I NEVER HAD TO SPEND $5OO.OO ON AN AMERICAN CAR 3 MONTHS NAFTER BUYING IT. MY GAS MILAGE SUCKS!!! I DONT KNOW HOW MANY MILES TO THE GALLON I GET, BUT I DO KNOW THAT IT BURNS FAST. IF I KNEW THAT I WOULD HAVE TO DO TRICKS IE..COVER FRONT GRILL, I WOULD NOT HAVE BOUGHT THE CAR. BUT THAT IS O.K HONDA LOST THIS CUSTOMER, AND IM TELLING EVERYONE THAT I KNOW NOT TO BUY THE HYPE. BUY AMERICAN!!!!! MY HONDA CIVIC HYBRID BURNS SO MUCH NGAS THAT FIND MYSELF LOOKING AT THE GAS HAD AS IF I WERE DRIVING A SEMI. ITS ONLY ME SO MY GAS SHOULD LAST. I FEEL FOR THE PEOPLE WITH CHILDREN THAT THEY HAVE TO RUN AROUND. HONDA YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. I KNOW THAT YOU JUST SEE$$$$$$$$$$ THI WANT EVEN LET HONDA DO MY MAINTANCE, I DONT LIKE OR TRUST THEMATS WHAT IT IS ABOUT TO YOU. KEEP IT UP AND I WANT BE THE ONLY CUSTOMER THAT YOU LOST. THINK OF THE CONSUMER AND THE$$ WILL FOLLOW.

My husband has a 2007 Honda

My husband has a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. Was it bought for gas mileage? NO. It was bough because we are trying to do our part to help the environment by keeping emissions out of the air. But that aside...we did a 800 mile trip on around $50 - that's two $25 fillups. Now if you calculate the mpg it's: total price of gas divided by price per gallon ($50/2.80)- and divide the miles driven by the total we've just figured out (17.9). This give you a mpg of 44.7

So was the trip really that bad? Nope. Are we being scammed...well....the car did cost us $16,000 which in my opinion is more than I'd pay for a used car. Do we love the car? We did until a rock hit the windshield.... :-(

I have a 2008 Honda Civic

I have a 2008 Honda Civic Hybrid. My first year I got good mileage. However, this last year I have watched it drop with almost every tank. I used to get over 40 on each tank. Right now the mileage is reading 32.8. I drive no different now than I did when it was new. I just had the IMA reprogrammed and appear to be getting worse mileage. Not happy. I should have bought the normal civic and saved my money. I only have 24,000 miles on the car. I read the information about tire pressure. I'm going to have it checked tomorrow. See if this makes a difference.