+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

MSantos, You speak of "good

MSantos,

You speak of "good will" as if it's something I lack. I assure you, I carried the facts to the Honda Corporate office with nothing but good will. I thought very highly of Honda and was sure that the case manager with Honda corporate would rectify the issue. The dealership kindly, and professionally told me, that they could not replace tires with over 10,000 miles without corporates approval. I sincerely thought Honda would stand behind thier product and do what was right. I did not cause the tires to wear. The faulty part in their product did. Why wouldn't I think that I was in the right??? The tires only had 13,000 miles on them. Even the cheapest tires don't start to wear until 20,000. I was not under the illusion that I was right. I WAS clearly in the right.
    Just as Honda IS clearly in the wrong. It was like being slapped in the face as a customer. Only then, did the good will vanish indefinitely.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Hi C Wagner; I did not

Hi C Wagner;

I did not insinuate that you lacked "good will", If you read my previous post you'll see that I was very careful in how I worded it. Still, I mentioned it because it does happen quite often and some people conveniently leave that detail out because only half of the story is being told in a public forum like this one.

Nevertheless, if enough people submit these types of complaints to Honda then it is an almost certainty that Honda will eventually come around, as they have in many other issues before. Keep at it and don't give up as other manufacturers have similar and, in many times far worse customer relations issues than Honda.
    By the way, Toyota is definitely not better in this department and so far these are the two best manufacturers in our North American market. I own hybrid cars from both manufacturers and I would not want it any other way.

Cheers;

MSantos

Since the topic seems have

Since the topic seems have to evolved to Honda's relationships with customers, I'd like to add something:

I've found some components that apparently *should* be on my car are missing. After an attempt to get these parts through my dealership (fruitless to date), I've written Honda Canada and talked to them once by phone.

The lady I talked on the phone to let me know nothing could be even started until I did my homework, got my VIN, etc. All perfectly reasonable, I agreed. Just to make the most of our time, she asked me to outline the problem anyways:

I explained that I'd seen the missing parts in the Service Manual for my vehicle. She asked what page of the Owners Manual the parts appeared on. I repeated that it was the Service Manual that showed the parts. Her next words were:

"How did you get a Service Manual?"

I thought this an odd question, thought a moment, and finally replied:

"I bought it."

That was about the end of our conversation. The more I think about her last question, the odder it seems.

The automotive industry seems to occupy a special place. Well, maybe they're not alone: the Mutual Fund industry is very similar: a business where you can hand tens of thousands of dollars over to people, and get treated like...

One area that you might look

One area that you might look at is the kind of oil you use. The proper oil is 0W-20. Some fast lube places will use a thicker oil 5W30. This oil will not cause harm, but, if used, will greatly reduce your mpg because of the oil operated cylinder idling sytem.

In colder whether, check that the emergency brake has released all the way. Salt and road dirt combine and can interfere with the complete release of the emergency brake system, reducing fuel mileage.

Other factors that have an effect on varying the MPG efficiency can be a tendency to race away from a stop light. Remember, the electric motor will be the primary system to leave a stop. However, if you constantly bury your foot in the throttle pedal, from the stop, the cylinder idling system will return to using all four cylinders to power the car forward. This will have a major impact on your MPG.

I, also, noticed that you did not rotate your tires according to the maintenance shedule. Be sure to change the air filter, according to the maintenance schedule.

Check the fuel pressure. At idle, the normal pressure should be between 38-46 psi. If it is not, your MPG will drop a lot. Replace both the in-tank filter and the fuel pressure regulator. Many times, if one stops at a regular time to refuel (like at a favorite gas station on the way to work) and the refueling tanker is there, there is the chance that a lot of contaminants are stirred up in the underground tank. Once these tank contaminants enter your tank, this will greatly reduce the mileage between fuel filter changes. Never refuel at a station where a tanker is refilling the underground tanks.

Finally, be sure that your method of calculating your mileage is accurate. Never "top off" the tank before take your gallons figure and always try to set the nozzle in the tank at the same depth. If you want to top it off, fine, but realize the gallons will differ and when you are only talking about adding 10 gallons, the error factor can be quite high.

I hope this helps.

I bought an '06 Civic Hybrid

I bought an '06 Civic Hybrid and was surprised by the hesitant get up and go. After a full week of getting use to hybrid driving, I learned to love it! At 60mph I typically got 48 mpg. When I drove on winding back roads (few lights and 35 to 50 mph), I always got around 50-52mph. My best trip was the 120 miles to camp - I routinely got 58mpg. The civic does best on small to medium rolling hills (charge, discharge battery). Maine winters did drop the mpg all the way down to 38-40mph - I averaged 44 mpg over the life of the car. If I didn't have so much higway travel I could have averaged closer to 50mpg.

In January I sold my Civic Hybrid after 3 years and 62,000 miles for the same $17,500 I paid for it - thanks to Uncle Sam's $2,600 tax credit! I had NO PROBLEMS and enjoyed the 15 miles per gallon more than my old Camry for all 62,000 miles.

62,000 at 44mpg vs. 29 saved 728 gallons - at nearly $3 that's $2,000 savings in gasoline. I actually made $2,000 driving my Civic over 62,000 on top of the fact that I sold it for the same price I paid for it. I LOVE HONDA - KEEP IT UP!!!!!

Hey guys! Been lurking for

Hey guys!

Been lurking for awhile but I've finally signed up, I'm 24yo from Birmigham in the UK and hopefully can contribute a lot to the forum..

Cya

We also have a 2008 Civic

We also have a 2008 Civic Hybrid that has gotten great mileage for the past 14 months since we bought it, consistently from 44 to 48 mpg no matter what the driving conditions. Now at 25,000 miles, the mileage has dropped to 37.2. We had the car serviced by the dealer where we bought it, but to no avail. My last fill-up was 38.2 mpg. When I called the dealer, I was told there is nothing more they can do, ditto from the national Honda hotline. Nothing has changed about our driving habits, gas purchase, etc. I am very disappointed, don't plan to buy any more Hondas in the future. My husband's 2005 Saturn gets as good a mileage as my hybrid. Any thoughts?

We have a 2009 HCH. We live

We have a 2009 HCH. We live in Texas and bought the car in the spring when weather conditions were ideal, not too hot, not too cold. On the first tank of gas, we got 46 mpg in town. I was really excited, but that excitement did not last. The gas mileage went downhill from there, even when the weather was the same. Our gas mileage has gotten as low as 28 mpg and generally averages in the lower to mid-30s, with combined in town and freeway driving. We've taken it on a long trip and the only time we got good mileage was in the mountains, on the downward run, where we got 52 mpg! However, the uphill portion was awful as we have experienced the same issues with the battery assist as Notahondafan and others on here. The battery does not seem to charge well and it drops VERY rapidly. In addition, the assist does not always kick in, even when the battery is charged! So we are getting horrible mileage with no battery assist. We've taken it in for this issue several times. They say they can't find anything wrong with it and act like we don't know what we're talking about. No service lights go on in the dash, so we must be making this up...this is the attitude we get...but there is absolutely something going on here. I drive the car using all of the suggestions and I pay very close attention to the gauges when I drive. We've had a software update, but there was no difference in gas mileage or battery assist. Now, I had to take it in today because the drivers side window won't roll up and the locks are slow. Sounds like an electrical issue to me, but all they'll do is hook it up to the computer and tell me the same thing they've said so far...there's nothing we can find and this is a sophisticated system that will tell on itself when something's wrong. The window issue will probably be a bad "motor" rather than some underlying cause. All this and we've not even had the car for 6 months.

The Civic Hybrid crapper

The Civic Hybrid crapper deactivate every four of its cylinders and patch using exclusive the electric motor in destined low-speed cruising conditions. The electric motor has 15 kilowatts and crapper produce a combined 110-horsepower for the car. Fuel frugalness is enhanced by the Integrated Motor Assist (IMA) grouping that also provides better performance.

Thanks
    Himanshu H Shah {Texas USA}

How to get the gas mileage

How to get the gas mileage in the 2008 Civic Hybrid - I thought this was the dumbest thing I had heard and fought the solution for some time. FIRST, I had worn tires with a lot of cupping on the back due to failure to maintain tire rotation. THEN when I replaced the tires, I did not get "LOW ROLL RESISTANT TIRES" recommended by the manufacturer. I had Yokohamas on the car for 8000 miles and had battery discharge issues and MPG in the mid 30s. Last night I replaced the tires with the Bridgestone Insignia ES200s recommended by Honda (RELUCTANTLY, I replaced them). This morning, same commute and I'm at 44.