+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

I have been reading your

I have been reading your answered in this forum and so many things do not make sense to me. I am not sure if you work for Honda or Honda Fan or a Mechanic. 2008 Honda Civic has an EPA Rating 40/45, does Honda manual tell you to do the following like you have suggested to improve the mileage, Install and use an engine block heater, In colder days block your front grille, Always compute your mileage by hand. The HCH display typically underestimates the MPG. The Prius almost always overestimates the MPG. Raise your tire pressure to 40 PSI in the front and 38 in the rear. Avoid any fuel with ethanol. Don't drive like grandma. All your suggestions do not make sense. You are expecting the owner to do all your suggestions after spending money to buy the Civic Hybrid. If you are the Honda Salesman, no way you sell the Civic Hybrid if you are suggesting your ideas.

Do not be wrong, I have 2004 Honda Accord EX with 200K miles with no problem, traded with 2012 Prius. I also have 2007 Acura MDX, no problem. I get 53-56 MPG on my Prius which higher than the EPA rating. I even calculated manually and only 2 MPG different. I did not do any thing like you have suggested to the Honda Hybrid owners to my Prius to obtain the above gas mileage.

I agreed with you if you increase the tire pressure to 40 PSI and driving in warmer states, the gas mileage will be better. If you live east coast, the Prius will have less MPG during the winter time. I do not blame soniamichael1 to get very upset with the MPG by getting 32.5 MPG for 40/45 MPG. I will be upset too.

If you live in California, I would like to drive with you in your Honda Civic Hybrid and I want to see if you can get the MPG like the Prius without out non sense modifications. BTW, I still get 50-51 MPG with the A/C on my Prius.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Ships with both mast-mounted

Ships with both mast-mounted sails and steam engines were an early form of hybrid vehicle. Another example is the diesel-electric submarine. This runs on batteries when submerged and the batteries can be re-charged by the diesel engine when the craft is on the surface.
    bike accident lawyer

Unquestionably consider that

Unquestionably consider that that you said. Your favourite justification
    seemed to be on the internet the simplest thing to keep
    in mind of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while
    people consider issues that they plainly do not know about.
    You controlled to hit the nail upon the highest and outlined out the
    entire thing with no need side-effects , other folks could take a signal.
    Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

When some one searches for

When some one searches for his essential thing, therefore
    he/she wishes to be available that in detail,
    so that thing is maintained over here.

No need to write much here,

No need to write much here, the figure says it all. my 2008 HCH had ave. 43mpg for first 2 years, then decrease to current @ 32-35mpg.

I have a 2012 civic Hybrid

I have a 2012 civic Hybrid and it gets 43-45 mpg consistently just like the sticker says. In fact, if I really drive it carefully I can get 49mpg. I've tested the mpg over numerous tanks of gas. It seems to work well. It is a nice because it looks and drives like a normal car unlike the Prius, which gets great fuel economy but drives more sluggish and looks more bubbly.

I used to have a car that

I used to have a car that gave me 10-15 mpg. When I just bought my 2008 HHC and read it will give me 40-45 mpg I thought to myself: "That's unbelievable. As all advertisements. If it can only give me 30-35 I will be more than satisfied".
    Well that's what happened. I know there should be good improvements or recommendations to save more gas but I really don't care. I love my car!

Quote Originally Posted by ;132520
    No need to write much here, the figure says it all. my 2008 HCH had ave. 43mpg for first 2 years, then decrease to current @ 32-35mpg.
    I have to agree the same numbers for me. Is it the battery that is starting to to give up?

I just purchased a 2007 civic hybrid yesterday. I drove it to work this morning in 42 degree weather, reset the mpg to see what it would get; and after my 38.9 mile commute to work I got 41.3 mpg. My tire pressure is set at 40 psi both front and back, and I have never driven or even been in a hybrid before. The car has 102,000 miles on it and I am happy.