+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lemon Honda Hybrid

So my HCH is a lemon? Well let us see, I posted here when I bought the car asking if anyone knew how to get the car to auto stop (wasn't working), no one had any helpful ideas. Then the thing stopped charging itself. I brought it in, got a loaner car, they kept it for a week, said they changed something out and it was fixed. Then it died a week later, another loaner car and a week in the shop, they changed something else out and said it was fixed. Then guess what… It died again. They kept it for two weeks and Honda America had them change out the whole computer for the IMS. Drove it for another week and low and behold today the damn thing crapped out 50 miles from home on while driving down the freeway. Check engine light on, IMA light on, the fan and dash lights started going on and off all by themselves as if someone was flipping a master switch for all the power. Engine became sluggish and unresponsive and died going down the highway. Pulled it over and it wouldn’t even turn over when I tried to restart it.

The question… Is it a lemon? The dealership has been nice and given me a loaner each time, they have been apologetic. However no one can fix it. I have owned the car for 7 weeks and have had it in my possession for about 3 of those 7 weeks.

Does anyone have a similar experience with Honda Civic Hybrid?
    Does anyone have experience with a brand new car and using the lemon law?

I live in OR and know we have such laws on the books but need to research them. Just wondering what the response will be on Monday when the service dept. opens and I tell them I am fed up, don’t trust the car, and want a replacement.

Please comment, I would love to hear what you all have to say about this quagmire.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Lemon Honda Hybrid

"Just wondering what the response will be on Monday when the service dept. opens and I tell them I am fed up, don’t trust the car, and want a replacement"

They will likely say no.

Keep all your repair invoices from day one.
    You have them, right?

I hear what you are going through but I'd keep my head when you talk to the service manager, and I'd request a meeting with the regional service manager as well about all the problems you've had.

The regional service manager can help you where the local one can't.

There was someone who also had a different problem and had it resolved, you might want to read over this thread as well:

http://www.hybridcars.com/discussion...159&replies=19

Good luck, keep us infomed!

Lemon Honda Hybrid

check your state for the "lemon laws". we have them in california. use them when needed.

see ya

Lemon Honda Hybrid

Here's the link for lemon laws in OR from the Autopedia site.

http://autopedia.com/html/LemonLaw/OR_lemonlaw2.html

If your vehicle is "out of service for 30 or more business days", according to your state laws, you have a lemon, and should be offered a new car or a refund.

Good luck with your Honda hybrid. I looked into the lemon laws in CA when my Ford Escape hybrid was in the shop 2 weeks out of the first four weeks I owned it...but luckily Ford fixed my squeaky car, and it's back on the road. Your situation sounds trying, at best!
    Hang in there,

Joan

Lemon Honda Hybrid

The OR lemon law also states that after four repair attempts it is a lemon. My state gives three chances, but I gave them four, and that is how I got my car bought back(not a hybrid). If you are really sick of the repairs, after the fourth attempt and all the proper notifications stop letting them work on it and use the BBB autoline abritration(if Honda does this) or take them to court.

Lemon Honda Hybrid

Just wanted to add one more thought. Write a letter to Honda notifying them of the nonconformity and send it certified/return receipt. You need this and need to give them one repair chance after this official notification.

Lemon Honda Hybrid

I purchased my HCH in March 2004. At 1500 miles, I was stranded on the freeway and towed to the dealership. I now have 42,000 miles and just left my car at the dealership for it's tenth service. I have had the main computer and the motor replaced. But, the first issue has never been solved. Yes, yes, my fault. I have opened 3 cases with Honda customer service. I have always trusted they would properly and promptly resolve the issue. They continue to disappoint me. I strongly suggest being very assertive and demanding with Honda customer service when working with them. The case manager does not return phone calls, and has only offered me an $800 service credit. I consider this an insult after 10 service calls.

This weekend I am trading my HCH for a non-hybrid, non-Honda vehicle. I will not so much as purchase a lawnmower with the name Honda on it ever again.

Lemon Honda Hybrid

you may want to know another story about HCH, the link

www.hondasucks.ca

Lemon Honda Hybrid

I read that website carefully. Very interesting, but not a cause of concern for folks currently considering the purchase of a Honda Hybrid Civic in the US. The owner tried doing 85 MPH on mountian roads in Tennessee in a 2001 nearly experimental Honda Insight. In addition, the specifically mentioned Canadian Honda Dealership was a real problem. If the story told is true in its details, then they broke a harness and left a loose wire while doing a clutch replacement, and also billed Honda care for what amounts to an unperformed service later on ( they did then undid work by the story). Bottom line-- a first generation Honda Insight was driven beyond its realistic limits and adsditionaly had a Honda repair shop break a transmission harness and leave a dangerous dangling wire situation.

I cant give direct relevance at this point to current hybrid models or every Honda service garage.

Lemon Honda Hybrid

I have a 2003 and love it except, eery 30,000 miles I need a new Catalytic converter. I was just told at 93,000 I have to put a new one in again. In New York State you can't pass inspection without it working. Plus it is no longer convered under warrenty. I don't know what to do, I can't afford to get a new car because I am sick this crap.