+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid Fatal Flaw!

At 1,118 miles on my 2nd 2008 Ford Escape Hybrid, "STOP SAFELY NOW"! Dead, no start in my driveway just 15 minutes after being parked! Two days later I am told the problem is a "Bad" grounding bolt, (G206), for the main computer. I ask the simple question, "how does a bolt go "Bad" in a 40 day old vehicle?" I have been hit by lightning twice with these Hybrid vehicles and I am done! If there is a failure in the hybrid electric side there is no "Get Home Mode" built in to let you use the gasoline engine to get to safety! This is a fatal flaw that will get someone killed! This is no different than the current recall ford has for the 1.18 million diesel vehicles cam position sensor failures! "STOP SAFELY NOW!" is not the answer! Here is a link to my 1st '08 hybrid failure post; http://www.hybridcars.com/forums/ple...ver-t1677.html

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Fatal flaw, I'll say!

See my post about our Mariner exploding and being consumed in flames! I thought our local fire marshall was all wet when he expressed fear of my parked car! I thought that he was a technophobe. He would have been completely right if my son and husband had been electrocuted putting out the fire (which is what the fire marshall predicted, I thought he was nuts!)