+ Reply to Thread

How many miles is "High Miles"?

I'm looking to purchase an 05 FEH w/ 75k miles, and look forward to keeping it for awhile. But on these hybrids, what is the life-expectancy of the gas and hybrid components?

I have a 96 Accord with 220k miles and an 02 diesel Excursion with 210k miles and they are both still SOLID vehicles. They are maintained well as would the FEH be, but being new to hybrid vehicles, I'm just concerned...

If I'm not mistaken, Honda warranties their battery system for 10 yrs. What is Fords warranty? and does anyone have any input on aftermarket hybrid warranties?

thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by backyaker View Post
    I'm looking to purchase an 05 FEH w/ 75k miles, and look forward to keeping it for awhile. But on these hybrids, what is the life-expectancy of the gas and hybrid components?

I have a 96 Accord with 220k miles and an 02 diesel Excursion with 210k miles and they are both still SOLID vehicles. They are maintained well as would the FEH be, but being new to hybrid vehicles, I'm just concerned...

If I'm not mistaken, Honda warranties their battery system for 10 yrs. What is Fords warranty? and does anyone have any input on aftermarket hybrid warranties?

thanks
    New York FEH taxis have reported 250,000 miles with little problems on average. The HV battery has a 10yr 150,000 mile warranty in green states like California and 8yr 100,000 miles in the other states. The transmission and DC/DC converter is also covered with this hybrid warranty. The FEH seems to be as solid as they come. I've run mine hard and have about a life time averaged 45mpg at 42,000 miles of mostly city driving.

I personally do not recommend an after marker warranty.

GaryG

im looking to buy 2005 honda

im looking to buy 2005 honda civic hybrid with190,000 miles should i buy a hybrid with this munch mileage