+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I have a 2006 Hybrid as

I have a 2006 Hybrid as well. I have had the exact same problem with my windows only in my car it was front passenger. Fortunately, the Honda dealership here is pretty straight. After the second time they ordered a new motor- make those guys do it for you too while it is still under factory warranty!
    Recalls I expected... none too big of a deal that they couldn't just be scheduled with the oil change.

I have a rack on my car for surfboards, kayaks, etc. and if obviously effected the fuel efficiency a little bit. All in all though I am REALLY happy with the car. The features on the stearing wheel, auxilary i pod plug in... it all rocks. I can't wait til you can lower the back seat again though like in the normal civics!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have a 2007 Honda Civic

I have a 2007 Honda Civic Hybrid. It has 19,000 miles on it. While being serviced for a brake light recall and oil change, the dealership called to say that my engineer filter needed changing and that my front and rear brakes needed cleaning (serviced). I said ok to the $40 engineer filter but I can't remember ever having that changed in previous cars that I owned. What is an engineer filter? Thanks, K.

Perhaps not an "engineer

Perhaps not an "engineer filter" but the "engine's air filter".

It is a good idea to get those "engine's air filter" replaced as soon as they get dirty enough to justify a replacement. Mine get changed at 10-15 K miles since by that time they are already too dirty.

Cheers;

MSantos

Hi everyone, Thanks for the

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the post. i am buying a Second-Hand Honda Civic Hybrid 2008 model, with 32000 miles. This is my first car, i am only 25 years of age. Could you please advise how to check the battery pack is not damaged, and any other key things i need to check before buying.

Many Thanks

Hi Santos, Thanks for the

Hi Santos,

Thanks for the post. i am buying a Second-Hand Honda Civic Hybrid 2008 model, with 32000 miles. This is my first car, i am only 25 years of age. Could you please advise how to check the battery pack is not damaged, and any other key things i need to check before buying.

Many Thanks

I am looking into purchasing

I am looking into purchasing a 2003-2005 HCH but do have some concerns after reading up on these post. The reason why i am looking to purchase this car is because i am aware of how reliable hondas are and our family has purchased them and had them for 20+ years with no major work needing to be done. Anyways, I travel from Allentown, PA to Pittsbrg, PA every weekend and with the prices of gas est. to be about $5 a gallon, i need to invest in every and any way i can save a dollar or two. So i heard and read good things about the hybrid but am concerned about purchasing a used one and something crazy happening with the battery. Can anyone provide me some good tips as to what i should be looking for prior to purchase of a HCH? Can anyone recommend a place around here or in neighboring states that do repairs on these types of batteries to where maybe i can look into setting up a plan B just in case? also does anyone know the warranty for these batteries for cars registered/purchased in PA???? Thank you!!!
    Email: SiaLinda@live.com