+ Reply to Thread

Remote Start Option...??

Okay, So I read that you can do a remote start with the smart key system. The dealership attempted to explain this over the phone that it's hit the unlock button three times and hold it on the last time and the car should start remotely...

I can't get it to work...Does anyone have any details on this feature? know if it works? If it's just my crazy imagination? =)

I'm 100% sure I read about it and that the instructions came on the FOB when we bought the car, but it's not in the manual and the only people who seem to know anything about it is the service desk.

Let me know!! =)

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I have never heard of this. I will check it on my car. How would it start without pressing the brake pedal?

I remember seeing a "remote start" option available on the 2008 TCH. I'm just guessing here.... but I think that option has to be purchased and installed as such before you can start the car remotely.

Again just guessing I think you may have read the instuctions on how to use the remote start option.....

I'm not sure how it is done, if you need another fob or just as stated have code or sequence you need to hit.

good luck, If you figure it out let us know

Scott

Remote start costed me $500

It is an option. They program something in the car... not sure if they install any new part. I got it with the dealer anyway because I did not want to carry another remote just for this.

I have an 07 hybrid. While at the dealer today I inquired about the remote start option. part 08586-3t960 $399.00 and $262.50 labor for install. $661.50

hit the lock button...

if i am not mistaken, it is hit the lock button twice within 2 seconds and hold it down for a third time till it beeps. then it should start.

you got the right idea there but instaed of the unlock button, it should be the lock button. hope that helps.

Yes this is correct on the

Yes this is correct on the 2008 version but when you try to enter the car it will shut off. So in essence you can start the car remotely but can not enter the car until you unlock the doors which will shut the car off.
    A little strange I think.
    BAY

Yes - there is a remote

Yes - there is a remote start for the Camry. It is a $540 option if ordered when built, and is not included if you don't buy it. I have it. To activate it you push the lock button on the remote twice, then hold it a third time for 10 sec and the vehicle comes on, with parking lights flashing. Once you touch the door handle, the vehicle shuts off as a security measure so no one can drive off with your car while it's running.

Any questions?