+ Reply to Thread

Should it roll forward?

Hello all,

I have a 2007 HCH-II and have a question regarding the vehicle rolling. I know it's normal for it to roll a little when stopped on an incline, but mine will roll as much as 8-12 inches before the transmission catches and it stops itself, is this much travel normal?

Also, not long ago I was on somewhat steep incline facing down in a driveway. I put the car in to reverse to back up the incline into the street, but when I took my foot off the break, the car began to roll forward down the hill even though it was in reverse. It slowly rolled forward to the bottom of the hill, a good twenty feet, while in reverse. Is this normal? Should the CVT do this?

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Yes it will roll forward. Put in park and it will not! I think you are confused with the feature that will not allow the car to roll back ,when you start to go again? H

Really? It should roll forward indefinately while in reverse?

Probably not if you are in reverse, but it may at idle? I will have to check that out, but I think on a steep driveway it probably will. I thought you were still in drive on your question, sorry

I've found the Continuously Variable Transmission on our 06 more free-rolling than previous Hondas with conventional automatic. Stopped facing up a steep hill, you have to be pretty quick going from the brake to the gas when you want to continue up the hill. And the same in reverse. There's one spot we park where the front of the parking stall is sloping into a depression. If you park far enough in that the front wheels are getting into this depression, again, you have to be quick getting your foot from the brake to the gas, or you'll roll forward instead of reverse.

i have a saturn 1996 an when

i have a saturn 1996 an when i put it in reverse it rolls forward until i give it gas and the car is on a regular level street not on any type of hill...what does that mean..i know its not normal??

My son bought a '96 Saturn

My son bought a '96 Saturn yesterday and it's doing the same thing. It looks like no one replied to you yet. Any luck?

I have this same experience

I have this same experience with my Hyundai Elantra rolling forward before it moves in reverse.