+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hybrids = Scam

Yah, no complaints there! I'm very happy that I don't have to fill up for 2 weeks and I'll go about 375 to 400 miles on a tank full. Thats not my issue.

My issue is how I was lied to about the stated MPG!!!

This car is not as invincible as other hyperposters would lead you to believe.

Just look at the threads on the HCH

* Dead battery
    * Malfunction lights
    * Transmission slow to engage
    * Power window problems
    * Park brake dragging
    * Excessive jerking
    * Bad MPG (My favorite!)
    * Rear tire wear

At least I'll have infinite mpg on the Volt w/all of Chevy's problems. Or better yet the 2009 plug-ins Prius. I can't wait to dump this car on Ebay.

Here's to SCAMS!

Chiludo

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

You were lied to? Why don't

You were lied to?

Why don't you go whine to the feds? They R the ones that set the MPG's, not Honda,Toyota or anybody else.

...and if you can't get good mpgs then why can most of us? Stop whinning like a brat, U alone bought the wrong car for your heavy foot. stick to your MDX enjoy paying for gas. No hybrid is good for you !!!!!!

I have a solution for all of these issues...

Go buy yourself a nice mountain bike and get all the MPG you want!

Scammed in Canada

Hybrid Major Scam

I can relate to those who are getting low gas mileage. I have an 06 HCH. The first year... great mileage on both Highway and In-City... 55-65 MPG! Bravo.

Then came my first service. $90.00 later. And wow... severe drop in MPG's... low 30's... start going back to Honda... they start adjusting everything... no change. SEcond service this past December and low and behold... they found the problem, there was a software update that had to be done! Had the car serviced... filled the tank, so excited that I would reclaim my pride in being a GREEN Canadian! Today, I sadly say, I filled up my car... done the calculations... and here's the results:

27.48 MPG (Imperial Gallon)
    22.89 MPG (U.S. Gallon)

It's worse than ever before. I'm at a loss here. I've read everything possible, followed every suggestion and advice... and even drive like an 85 year old Nun. What the hell is one to do? I feel scammed... cheated... feel like a guinea pig... and now, so upset that I just want to have a large lemon painted on each side of the car, and let Canada know that Honda just isn't there yet.

And please ... MSantos... you have to begin respecting other's feelings and experiences. We can't all be wrong. This is MY experience!

Scammed in Canada

Gman1964, is there not another tech in your area that can check your auto out. Those figures are away too low!!! Have you talked to anyone at Honda Canada? You have a legitimate bitch and they should be tring to solve your issue. H

hybrid

mileage listed prior to the new EPA ratings were calculated based on formulas from the 70s. it was not accurate and not realistic for todays driving. it is not the manufacturers fault because they only go by the guidelines setup by the EPA. currently, the new models are more accurate but still those are estimates and will vary according to the way you drive.

still, the hybrids are not for everybody. if you have an aggresive driving technique, you will not get the full benefit of it. you're supposed to adjust you strong driving techniques to the car and ease on/off gas/brake, keep a safe distance from the front car etc.

so, the car itself is not really to blame here. hybrids have the potential to get high milelage.

One thing I'm sure of: any car would benefit from realtime mileage feedback gauges, such currently only installed on hybrids like the Civic. They are very effective at showing you what behaviour improves your mileage.

Gman1964,

Any follow-up to your low mileage problem? Something isn't right there, and it needs to be addressed.

Assuming your numbers are accurate, sounds like maybe an incompetent dealership. I can understand that frustration - my wife once had a Cavalier that had some problem that would sometimes make the engine die when slowing down after long drives. The dealer claimed it was the computer, replaced it once, twice, no change. Third time, claimed it was somehow our fault, and refused to do any more warranty work. Major frustration. We ended up calling GM Canada or some such head office, and they contacted the dealer and worked through the problem with them. Got the car fixed and it ran fine for another 15 years.

The point of my story, is if you have worked with your dealer and hit a dead-end, do phone Honda Canada and see if they can help. Afterall, they don't want bad publicity like they are getting here, so they should be inspired to make you happy again.

-Don

Hi Don... I will be meeting

Hi Don... I will be meeting with the Dealer this week ... they will put the car in shop again, and hopefully get at the bottom of the issues. Its been a long several months, trying to get this issue resolved. Maybe I will have to go to another dealership, as the service department here is sad. Even a major over-haul the past two weeks. I am willing to work with whomever it takes, and I have made some serious strides in improving my driving habits... but it seems every time I get the car back from the dealer... the mileage goes even further down.

Gman1964: Hang in there.

Gman1964:

Hang in there. And please, do cut your losses and DO go to another dealership.

Cheers;

MSantos