+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    anti-american? ouch. Anyway, why did it take GM 10 years to make something comparable to the Prius? Please don't compare the E85 malibu to the prius. Volt is a last ditch effort because the executives realized they were wrong to not compete with the Prius/Civic hybrid.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

"To go from 30 to 40 is not really anything on paper.

To go from 15-20 is huge."

Dude, this is basic high school algebra. They're both 30% increases.

Advise: Go back to school. And stay AWAKE this time.

Wow, wonder what else you could be wrong about?

geisseman,
    Have you seen the movie Roger and Me? That is a reason GM is doing bad.

Quote Originally Posted by TXatheist View Post
    geisseman,
    Have you seen the movie Roger and Me? That is a reason GM is doing bad.
    Have you seen the movie "Who killed the electric car?"? Actually, GM had the first electric car, but then teamed up with American oil to squash it to keep the oil profits going. Stupid American companies, always shooting themselves in the foot.

Yes, another good movie and I'm well aware of the power of big oil living here in Texas.

Nice....

Quote Originally Posted by geisemann View Post
    I have owned many cars in my time. Most of the Japanese cars fell apart had major melt downs.

Some of the cars I have owned in my life time.

I owned a ford taurus 250k miles. Orginal engine orginal transmission

Ford explorer 202k still running orginal everthing

Parents own cadillac seville over 10 years 104k old no problems at all

I owned a 1978 cadillac seville over 300 k miles orginal engine rebuld trans at 220 k.

Toyota Crpola! Engine over heated! blue one valve, at 89k Blue the trans at 100k, body rusted. ( WOW so great!!)

Toyota Supera Cam shaft failled, struts failled hoses burst at around 98k

Mercadies S500 ( You dont want to know what failed. What didnt)

Volkswagon ( Total disaster)

GO GM! with the volt. I will save the enviroment with out de-facting my country. I will wait the volt. OR I can waint in a toyota dealler to look at a tundra right next to a prius. At least at GM the trucks have 2 mode hybrid that is 40% more efficient than toyota.

I am so tired of Anti American Prius people, they make up this american junk crap and to be honest its so wrong. Buick is not making cars better than lexus. The Prius is the BIGGEST PR stunt in history. Its about as hi-tech as a 1908 detroit electric that could do 40 miles on a charge without any gas.

They make me so sick. Wasting American Money and people wonder why our country is heading towards a ressision. Maybe because the idiots in CA by all foreign products.

At least there is apple and microsoft out there holding there own. IF people in CA could buy Foreign software they would do it!

G
    "heading towards a ressision"

Oh no....anything but a "ressision".

If people who seek out the most technologically advanced mass production car simply to reduce pollution and American dependence on foreign oil disgusts you then I have a simple solution....don't buy one and don't bother visiting sites dedicated to their existence. It is a radical plan, but I think it just might work.

Happy trolling Senor geisemann. Best of luck with your cultural sensitivity training.

I'm American and Union

And I still bought a Prius.

I did the research and the math. I came to one conclusion.

Detroit (et.al) are wrapping themselves in the American Flag, while outsourcing 95% of automotive production overseas, in order to fatten their wallets.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS AN AMERICAN CAR.

There are only cars built overseas by American owned companies.

And even at that, I was willing to buy an "American Named" car if it was just "ballpark close" to the quality and features of the Prius. Detroit has commericals on air right now bragging about building a 30mpg SUV. Sorry boys, my old Honda CR-V got 29 mpg, and I dumped it to save on gas consumption.

Detroit will continue to buy congressmen, pay under to table to stonewall meaningfull legislation, and try to tell us it's our patriotic duty to drive 8 mpg monster trucks.

The only way Detroit is EVER going to produce a quality product is when they loose enough market share to wake up and realise that we don't WANT to drive a 4 ton SUV to the store to pick up a quart of milk.

Yes I have seen the movie

Yes I have seen the movie but it’s not totally clear who is at fault. I am blaming chevron as they made the law that cars that use that battery type NIMH have to be hybrid. They hold the patients on that battery technology.

What I fell was bad that GM crushed the EV1 however I don’t hold that against them at all and the management that was in place 10 years ago is not the same that was there 20 years ago or here currently.

Also when you are buying American it’s not where the car is made or the parts are made it’s where the profits are going back to jobs that support YOUR income.

Why is our current economy doing so poorly. Look around at Prius drivers!

American manufacturing is one component. The others are education, research and investing in your son or daughters future.

When you buy American the profits stay right here in the USA where we can keep engineering jobs, management jobs and finance jobs that are totally not related to manufacturing.

Toyota saying that 50% of the parts from the new camery are from the US is a wash of what is important.

So what you are esuriently saying is that to turn the USA into a manufacturing plant with out anyone thinking or any money being re-invested into out intellectual property, patients or future engineering knowledge base is not important?

Come on people buying a foreign car is about as anti- American as you can get and the story its built in the USA just does not cut it.

Toyota PR, Adverts and other people have done a great job covering up the fact that they are taking your money and they are getting richer off of you. This country is not. Look at our current situation and that will show if we keep buying China toys, cars made or owned from overseas and stop investing in our oun country we will be in very serious trouble.

Nobody is buying foreign cars "just because they're foreign". They buy them because they are better quality. That is why I've bought Toyota and Honda for over a decade. I gave the old flag-waving American enthusiastic go of buying American autos a couple of times, only to be burned a couple of times. Actually, it was 4 times to be exact. And I haven't went back since I switched. And won't until they can dig themselves out of the crappola hole they've built for themselves. Oh, ok, you say you've gotten a great am. vehicle. Well, fine. What about the other 99.99% that don't. Here's the deal with american cars: If you're lucky enough to get one of the 50% or so that don't have problems, they'll last a long time without problems. If you're in the other 50%, you're out of luck. It's the american auto company's way of building in profits. Toyota makes it's profits on a quality product. Ford, GM, etc. on repairs. It's a fact. It's been proven over, and over again statistically, not your overblown, overhyped, over-flag-waving rhetoric. As for the anti-american, buy american crap. Keep it up, you're what keeps companies like Ford and GM producing crap. I'll vote with my money.

American is better In my opinion Again

I have had much better luck with American cars in respect with them lasting longer and being safer and spending a lot less for body repairs.

I recently was in an auto accident with my ford explorer and it hit a Toyota camery.

The Toyota camery crumbled and was totaled and my ford didnít have really too much other than a scratch.

If you buy a Toyota remember one thing itís a disposable car. If you get in any type of accident small or large the car will be totaled.

I rented a Prius recently and the metal was so cheap on it I could push the hood down with my hand.

I am sorry the Prius is very anti-American. It makes me sick to see our country by so many foreign products.

Prius people from what I have seen leave there lights on in there homes and donít even by compact fluorescents.

You would be much better off keeping your old SAFE car. Investing in solar power, wind power and other taking public transportation and working on your leaks in your house to safe your heating bill.

A CA Exec recently was pulled over going 100MPH in his prius and this is terrible, the car does not save you a cent at this speed on top of this if you wreck you will be dead in a second.

My money will go towards American owned companies that make efficient vehicles.

My life is important and if I am dead the extra air quality wonít help me 6 feet under.

From my research Toyota customers are extremely upset with the Lexus SUV hybrid. Toyota lied about the fuel mileage.

They also lied about the Prius.

Basically I really feel the Prius is a PR stunt and people were lied too. They large trucks Toyota sells are in the same showrooms that guzzle gas and they are unsafe as well

The new Ford Trucks are all 5 stars the Toyota could not even get 4 and on top of that JD power just rated

Buick better than Lexus and Lexus is Toyotas best brand.

Ford also beat Toyota in quality

So again you are buying foreign because itís foreign and itís really anti-American.

Look at the JD ratings they will show you that American cars are really better!