+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Purchase Price

Purchase Price

My wife and I are about to place an order for a 2008 FEH AWD fully loaded. (i.e. Hybrid Premium, Moon/Sat, NAV). MSRP is $33,565 . Because we need to preorder the car, I am not sure what negotiating power we have. What should we be paying? What have others paid on pre-orders? I noticed under one thread someone offering $500 over invoice. Where do I find Invoice info. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by HeidiandEric View Post
    My wife and I are about to place an order for a 2008 FEH AWD fully loaded. (i.e. Hybrid Premium, Moon/Sat, NAV). MSRP is $33,565 . Because we need to preorder the car, I am not sure what negotiating power we have. What should we be paying? What have others paid on pre-orders? I noticed under one thread someone offering $500 over invoice. Where do I find Invoice info. Thanks!
    I got my pricing info from kelly blue book (kbb.com). You can build your car and get both dealer cost + retail cost. It even includes destination charges. You have to input your zip code. Some dealers won't negotiate because of demand. My local dealer wanted $2,300 more than the dealer I bought from 45 miles away. It was worth shopping around for me.

Ed

The retail and invoice amounts can be found on msn.com auto's section.

http://autos.msn.com/home/new_research.aspx

After you enter make/model, click on the Escape Hybrid, and then click on the link for "price it with options".

In the Bay Area, the premium-loaded as well as the base models are going for $3k off sticker for cars on the lot...what color are you looking for?

Thanks! The best we were offered for competitive bids from 6 dealers was $750 above invoice ($31,800). SO...we signed the papers last night to order our Kiwi Green AWD FEH! They are anticipating a delivery time of 12 weeks.

Price Paid

We picked up our MMH on Thursday, was ordered on 7/24. We got it thru the X-plan, was $30,988, the only option it didn't have was the moon-roof and sirius radio. Still figuring out all the controls with the Nav screen and radio and climate control. It turned out to be exactly 10 years almost to the minute since I bought my last vehicle, hope this one lasts that long.

08 Fev

I bought my 08 FEV 4 months ago at an Oklahoma City dealer. I got all upgrades minus NAV. There were 3 like models in the city and all wanted a premium ($1000 to $2000) over sticker. I held out and was willing to use one dealer against another to finally get sticker. I weeks worth of haggling and they had sold only one before I picked up mine for $29,100.
    The $3000 Federal Tax Credit will still make me an even happier camper.

Quote Originally Posted by xppronr View Post
    The retail and invoice amounts can be found on msn.com auto's section.

http://autos.msn.com/home/new_research.aspx

After you enter make/model, click on the Escape Hybrid, and then click on the link for "price it with options".

In the Bay Area, the premium-loaded as well as the base models are going for $3k off sticker for cars on the lot...what color are you looking for?
    I assume your "Bay Area" is San Francisco Bay Area? If so, I sure would have liked to have found a dealer selling at $3K off sticker. I just bought an '08 FWD FEH, fully optioned, $200 off sticker (plus the $1K rebate Ford offered through 12/2.). I shopped 6 dealers here in the Bay Area, and two brokers. MSRP was the only tune.

Don't forget that tax credit

We bought our 08 FEH in September after a 10-week wait. Used X plan and paid $27,867 which was just north of $1900 off list and just a few bucks under invoice. It's FWD (which has been fine in our recent snow "dump" here in upstate NY) with NAV, leather (no moon roof). The kicker will be the $3000 tax credit (and, of course, the average fuel cost of $33 per 10 days vs $50+ per week on the last car - Chrysler 300C Hemi.....). Great riding vehicle with enough "toys" to not make me miss the 300C and it's fuel costs.

Great deal on Mazda Tribute Hybrid

New hybrid owner. Bought our Tribute Hybrid (Grand Touring 4WD) here in Northern California last week, for $300 under invoice price plus 1.9% financing. There was a misleading offer on the Mazda website - showing $2000 "customer cash" off 2008 Tributes. When we printed the offer and took it into the dealership, they found out it only applied to regular Tributes not hybrids but we complained a bit and got them to give us the $2000 off the MSRP, and we still were able to take advantage of the 1.9% financing. A sweet deal on a great car.

By the way, we drove the hybrid versions of the Escape and the Mariner but preferred the exterior and interior styling of the Tribute. If you live in California and can find one of the few that they made for 2008, check it out.

I just ordered my 2009 FEH

I just ordered my 2009 FEH Limited FWD for $875 less than MSRP. Most dealers in the Washington/VA area were offering it at MSRP. Got limited with integrated side steps for $30,800 (destination included) plus at least one $500 rebate at delivery.