+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I am in - I was disgusted

I am in - I was disgusted when I got the call from my dealer that I needed a new transmission that costs 5000?!! Thankfully it is covered under warranty. I only have 85k on 2007 Prius, - I travel extensively and safety is critical. My car just started flashing caution-I couldn't drive had to have it towed. The reason for me purchasing the Prius was to save me $'s.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I get the traction warning

I get the traction warning light when the 'slipping' happens sometimes. You think it's a wheel sensor that's causing the CVT to behave strangely, too? Do I have to take it to a dealer or can a shop with diagnostics look at it?

Hi Robin, I have a 2007

Hi Robin, I have a 2007 prius. I drove 84,000 miles in 4 and half years. I faced the same problem yesterday and dropped the car at the dealer. I am waiting for an answer from the dealer. The car automatically goes into "Neutral". I can't pree the "P" parking button. It doesn't work. The radio doesn't work. I had to hold the gear rod in "drive" mode manually and drive.

OK....The dealer got back to

OK....The dealer got back to me and told that I need to get a new auxilary batterry $385 and a new Shift Lever $1080 and I need to pay it, as my 2007 Prius has 84,000 miles and out of warrenty. Any ideas folks????

Silva it should be covered

Silva it should be covered by warranty.

Silva it should be covered

Silva it should be covered by warranty.

HI Siva, Did you get you car

HI Siva, Did you get you car fixed under warranty? I have same problem, its 2007 and 96K miles.
    Please help

I have also noted that my 08

I have also noted that my 08 prius would not stay in drive and had to hold it in place to drive home. It also would kick out into neutral if I tried to let it go also. I have contacted my dealership here in AZ and they also have not heard of this problem. Has anyone had any luck with this problem and its solution?

I think I've got you all

I think I've got you all beat. I picked up my 2011 Prius on Tuesday, October 4,2011. On Wednesday the car slipped into neutral while I was going 50 mph. Th 2011 has a warning light and loud buzzer that goes off. I pulled over on a very short shoulder (could have gotten into an accident) turned off the car and restarted it. The next day it slipped into neutral again. On Friday it slipped into neutral 3 times on one trip (the first time at only 27 mph)On Saturday I brought into service. And they tell me they NEVER heard of this problem. They drive it and do a computer check(they claimed if it happened it would be on the computer.)They wanted me to take the car home.I need to go on a 560 mile trip on Monday- I asked them to keep the car and give me a loner. Service person said we could do it IF we found something wrong with your car.

I think I've got you all

I think I've got you all beat. I picked up my 2011 Prius on Tuesday, October 4,2011. On Wednesday the car slipped into neutral while I was going 50 mph. Th 2011 has a warning light and loud buzzer that goes off. I pulled over on a very short shoulder (could have gotten into an accident) turned off the car and restarted it. The next day it slipped into neutral again. On Friday it slipped into neutral 3 times on one trip (the first time at only 27 mph)On Saturday I brought into service. And they tell me they NEVER heard of this problem. They drive it and do a computer check(they claimed if it happened it would be on the computer.)They wanted me to take the car home.I need to go on a 560 mile trip on Monday- I asked them to keep the car and give me a loner. Service person said we could do it IF we found something wrong with your car.