+ Reply to Thread

New 08 FEH Owner

Hi,
    Just wanted to say that I purchased a 08 FEH fwd on 8/31/07.
    I visited this forum before I purchased to get some feeling on what owners think.
    My wife has an 05 Escape V6 fwd with 36,000 miles and we have not had any problems.
    I must say that I like the new design of the 08. I also notice that it is a lot quieter than the 05, (road noise). I own a delivery service and use this for economy. I paid $ 26,300 for it. The only option I added was Hybrid Premeium Package. I have put 4,700 miles on it since sept and average 34 - 35 mpg.
    I am very pleased with my purchase and would recommend this car to anyone.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations for your new 08 FEH. I have a question for you or anyone who can help me. Does the money you paid include tax and other fees? I went to my local Ford dealer today. The price they offered for an FEH (2WD with premium package) was 27,300 excluding tax and fees. What is the reasonable price for the SUV and how huch would be proper for making my first offer?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Congratulations for your new 08 FEH. I have a question for you or anyone who can help me. Does the money you paid include tax and other fees? I went to my local Ford dealer today. The price they offered for an FEH (2WD with premium package) was 27,300 excluding tax and fees. What is the reasonable price for the SUV and how huch would be proper for making my first offer?

Thanks.
    Hi,

What I did was go to kelly blue book (kbb.com) and priced out the vehicle with the premium package at dealer cost = $ 25,800, ($ 27,125 sticker price). I then offered my dealer (Corning Ford) $ 500 over cost ($ 26,300) and they said OK. This price did not include tax & license. The total out the door price including tax ($ 1,911) and licence ($ 232) was $ 28,500. I had to order one because all they had in stock were 4WD. It took 6 weeks from order to delivery.

Ed

Thank you for sharing your information. I hope I can make the same deal as you did.

JS