+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

we are just ramping up a

we are just ramping up a solar roof in series production for a hybrid sports car, check out our home page! In average, the OEM expects that you can drive approx. 200 miles per year from the power supplied by the solar roof! Not too bad ...
    Florian

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

That's what gets me about

That's what gets me about the green movement. It sounds great until you try to do something, and then out rolls the caveats. I tried putting solar panels on my roof and the company selling the solar panels told me to "wait a year, and maybe they will be more efficient". I mean come on. We don't give a damn about pushing air through the car cabin. WE WANT TO TURN THE WEELS TO MAKE THE CAR MOVE! Don't over-sell this stuff until you can back up the words. The world awaits anxiously, me included.

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by pederb View Post
    Hello, a newbe here,

How come that nobody is using built-inclick here in the car roof? They could feed the a/c and also charge the batteries. Would be nice to be able to have the a/c running while you are shopping in the summer, plus it would increase fuel economy if the a/c was disconnected from the motor.

Peder
    Really not huge fan of these panels.. They are very expensive with little efficiency.. Really hope these panels will become more effective in future..
    Last edited by XavierLawlers; 07-02-2014 at 09:32 AM.