+ Reply to Thread

Ford & other car makers please listen

I really wanted to buy a Ford or Mercury hybrid. But, their government and IIHS safety ratings were not the highest available. So, I bought a small SUV with decent mileage and the highest safety ratings. My family's safety overrode my desire to buy a hybrid.

To Ford, Honda and Toyota: Please build a hybrid SUV that earns five stars in every category for both the government and IIHS. I, and hundreds of thousands of others, will buy one. Throw in a minivan while you're at it and you'll dominate.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

Let me see, you bought a Subaru?

Airbags save lifes. AWD saves airbags. That's what makes a FORD. Yep. I have the AWD version and it gets 34 mpg overall lifetime average. Also causes less emissions.

So what did you buy?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronbo View Post
    I really wanted to buy a Ford or Mercury hybrid. But, their government and IIHS safety ratings were not the highest available. So, I bought a small SUV with decent mileage and the highest safety ratings. My family's safety overrode my desire to buy a hybrid.

To Ford, Honda and Toyota: Please build a hybrid SUV that earns five stars in every category for both the government and IIHS. I, and hundreds of thousands of others, will buy one. Throw in a minivan while you're at it and you'll dominate.
    So, what SUV did you buy?
    Let me tell you a thing or two about government crash tests. They don't mean the paper that they are written on. Since I have been working in ER's for the past 10 years I have seen just as many FUBARed pateints in "safe" cars as not. YOu have to remember those tests are controlled, the same test all the time. How often to you have two cars closing at the same speed?
    Now as an FEH owner and a former FEv6 owner I can tell you that. THey are the safest of the small SUV's. IF you drove one and research how they are contructed you would know this. THey are by far the heaveist. The hood itself must weight 100lbs. The whole front engine area has crumple zones, the engine is desinged to drop and roll under the car. I have air bags in teh front, side, part of my seat. as well as in teh back. I would feel much safer in a collision in a Escape than in say a Rav-4, grand vitara, kia sorento, or any of those tin can suv's.