+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

2007 HCH Power window problem

My brother and I both bought 2007 HCH's in April of this year and now both cars have a problem with the power window on driver's side. The glass does not slide properly in the track sometimes, so that at times it does not shut completely. We haven't had the time to take our cars to a dealership yet and wondering if any one else has had similar problem. Haven't been able to find anything written about this problem on the net.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

This is a very common problem for some folks.

The typical solutions are for the service department to lubricate the window tracks with a Teflon based product.

In some cases, some folks have had their window regulator replaced under warranty.

I have two HCH-II's (2006 & 2007) and have not experienced the problem yet.

Cheers;

MSantos

Honda finally found it.

It is defective power window motors, my buddy has a honda accord with the same issues and service finally admited to them being faulty after 3 months of issues. They replaced them last week he hasnt had issues so far. I just baught a civic hybrid and im waiting a little bit before tinting.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmyf View Post
    My brother and I both bought 2007 HCH's in April of this year and now both cars have a problem with the power window on driver's side. The glass does not slide properly in the track sometimes, so that at times it does not shut completely. We haven't had the time to take our cars to a dealership yet and wondering if any one else has had similar problem. Haven't been able to find anything written about this problem on the net.
    I have the same problem on my 07 HCH, and it was the rubber window seal. The window would slide out of the rubber track, and not fully close. The warmer the weather the worse the problem. Now that it's winter no problems.

Driver's window problem

I own a 2006 Hybrid Civic... same problem since day one. Its been lubed three times, same problem. Service Dept can't seem to understand what's causing it. I've been caught on the hi-way with the window down in the rain... and you guessed it! When the wind hits the glass... it takes it right off track. NOt good. Also a security risk when parking. Help!

hi guys

i have the same problem with my 06 hybrid. I find when i push the button to put the window up if I use my hand to push the window back (towards the rear seat dirction) while its comin up it goes up no problem. bit of a nusiance but at least the window closes up fully.

If I stop the car, and get out, I can push in on the outside of the window, while holding the button to put window up. I don't feel safe doing this on the highways, but that's where the main problems occur. I'm unsure why the dealer can't fix it.

I bought my 07hybrid in may07 and I had the same problem with the driver side window. last month they replaced the whole window and all the operating mechs for it. I had to tint the new window so I made them change my oil for free!
    My advice to new owners is to wait to tint if you can.

Odds are tinting of front side windows is illegal where you are.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but imho the regulations regarding tinting are there for very good reasons, and don't go far enough. It's your call what you do to yourself. But the bigger issue is the other people on the road, and pedestrians.

Sorry for venting, but that's my opinion. Personally I would not tint any windows, the rear visibility of the current Civic is bad enough enough as it is, with thick rear corner columns, a forest of head rests and the high side and back windows.

Window defect, a little different: re-opening to 1/2

The car (brand new) they gave me for test driving had this problem:

When you use the automatic widow shut (1 gentle upwards touch on the button) window glass goes all the way up, then bumps and re-opens to 1/2.

Work-around (very annoying, but safe): raise it with slow movements (not automatic!) until it sits at the top. Anything causing it to hit the top by itself would reinstate the error condition (aaarrrrgh!...)

If I buy an HCH, I'll watch this closely!!!