+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

I used to get the green

I used to get the green wrench light occasionally and recently the "pull over and stop" light came on in my 2008 Escape Hybrid a minute after starting it. The engine would not stay on for more than a few seconds. I thought it might have something to do with the 4 kWh Enginer PHEV system I had installed. But it turned out it was just corrosion on the 12 volt battery connectors. I disconnected the 12 V battery, scraped and cleaned the contacts and sprayed them with DeOx. Problem solved. Neither the green wrench light or the "pull over and stop" warning come on anymore. I think a lot of these issues may just be due to bad contacts.

2. Remove Advertisements
    HybridCars.com
    Advertisements

I used to get the green

I used to get the green wrench light in my 2007 escape hybrid which the dealership could find no reason for so it was reprogrammed. It however came back but has now not come on in a few months . I now over the last month had the "pull over safely" sign twice and I am beginning to suspect the hybrid cooling system

This is most likely the

This is most likely the motor electronics pump. Either bad connections or the pump itself is bad. There is a new design that is supposedly more robust than the old one. List on the pump is about $280 and installation shouldn't take more than half an hour.